Oracle Needs Glasses Or Better Spies, Im A Thief & She Cant See It...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khalest, Jul 13, 2018.

?

Have you ever destroyed one of the Oracles little spies?

1. Yes...

8.3%
  2. Yes and i loved it...

16.7%
  3. Yes and i do it each chance i get...

41.7%
  4. No and i wont either...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. .Only once...

8.3%
  6. A few times but thats it...

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Alot of times when im getting ready to go see the Oracle for the daily test to see if im following the path, i forget whether i have been 100% good or whether i have stolen anything at all. So lately i had a good idea, i go steal something before i see her so that way i know the path i am following (which is the crooked path, lol). But the last 4 or 5 times ive went to see her to take the test, i said No i havent been following the path of Truth & Love & she tells me im wrong & that in fact yes i have been on the right path. Ive even gotten busted & fined by the guards 2 times before i went to see her yet she still tells me the same...im on the right path. Is it a glitch or do i need to steal a longer time before i go see her or? Also i hate her little bug eyed spies, the spiders & flies, so ive...umm...been destroying them whenever i see them around. 2 shots of fire or 1 Searing shot does the trick, lolz. Could that have anything to do with it? I didnt think so because i hadnt destroyed any 2 of the times before i went yet she still says the same. Also this is in off-line & on-line mode im having this issue...[​IMG]

Sol Stormlin likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

1. It seems to take a lot of negative actions to get a bad score. Courage especially, since a lot of fights boost that virtue. Just doing most quests (especially in the main storyline) tends to raise your scores.
    2. You can ask the oracle about "truth," "love," and "courage" and she will tell you whether you consider that virtue important (high score) or hold it in disdain (low score).

Rentier, Bigg and Jaesun like this.
  3. Bigg

Bigg Avatar

I honestly don’t know what they do. I test yes for courage and love every time and always no to truth. I’ve turned my cloak from white to black to grey to white to black to white again. through out the entire process it is always yes to courage and love and no to truth. After the cloaks were given stats I started with -5 int and +5 magic resist. Then the nerf to the shroud left me with -5 int and +2.5 magic resist. And during the entire back and forth color changing cloaks not one stat moved either + or -. Honestly think the whole thing is bugged but I have no idea if it is or not.

Sol Stormlin likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also if you ask about “truth”, “love” and “courage” she will also mention things you have done....

Rentier likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It's just a positive / negative score for all three virtues. It has nothing to do with the main quest paths. The more "bad" things you do, the lower the score goes, the more "good" things you do, the higher the score goes. It also affects the shroud stats: INT=truth STR=courage DEX=love

The big problem is that it's significantly easier to move some stats in one direction than the other, specifically Truth. It's easy to go around breaking boxes in town and taking items, but it's hard to talk to enough NPCs to put it back in the other direction.

And the most obvious way to affect courage is killing satyrs vs killing fauns. (this is only the satyrs that have fauns around)

Those answers are specifically the ones that are used when she asks The Question. This can sometimes be used to get a clue about something you did recently, but you can only ask those once a day each.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Oh wow, i had no idea it was based on anything other than just bein bad...[​IMG] Thx Cora...

7. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

An for those who care..."
    Yes and i do it each chance i get..." is ahead by a vote...[​IMG]

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

They're really cagey about just how many interactions raise/lower your virtue, and by how much. They've confirmed a few, and sometimes you can learn by asking the Oracle- as somebody else noted, when you ask about courage or truth or love, she'll not only tell you "good/bad," but if you've done an action lately that raised or lowered a score, she'll mention that. Lying about your name when asked lowers your truth. Waking people up to talk to them lowers courage, I think. Or maybe love, I forget. Speaking to a beggar (the only one I can think of is in Ardoris, but there might be others) about giving them a coin brings up a "give a coin" question, yes raises love, no lowers it. Killing watchers lowers courage. Killing cabalists raises courage, apparently by a lot.

Lots of quests raise your virtues. A few will have choices, usually it's pretty obvious, but not always. It seems to take a real concerted effort to get low scores, though, since most quests involve being good. There are some "evil" quests, and some that allow you to do one or the other, but a lot of them are either do it and raise your virtue, or ignore them and raise/lower nothing. It'd be nice if you could lower scores by turning down quests.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Personally, I destroy every watcher I come across. Not so much to be evil, but I don't trust them, and I think they're up to no good.

Jaesun and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I think my truth score has only just now gotten better because I have gone back and redone all the beginning level side quests. Every time someone asks you your name and you answer truthfully, I know this definitely raises the truth score.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.