Order of Vengeance

Discussion in 'Player Groups & Guilds' started by violation, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Greetings,

Not much to put here yet but I will be posting more when we have more.

Informational:
    Housing:
    • We have secured THREE towns! More details to come as we release more of our story!
      • Vengeance is currently our guild member Open-PVP town that is governed and managed by Violation Clauth.
      • Malus is currently on hold and is governed and managed by Lorimus.
      • Ordinis Mortis is currently our player-select town that is governed by Night Fury and managed by Roper DocHoliday.

Need to Knows:
    • Order Through Chaos handles all of our hit contracts and can be contracted to handle hits for other guilds for a fee!
    • Order of Chivalry handles all of our crafting contracts and can be contracted to handle crafting and merchant orders for other guilds for a fee!
    • We expect a specific level of maturity as we are not a managed guild. We're a group of high-achieving individual members that play well together. When we move to a new game we usually seek out and try to find more people that mesh well with us and add them to the collective. This means we do NOT tell you what to do or how to play... you're expected to know this already. We're extremely helpful with each other as we are friends before anything else.

We plan on having 3 primary ranks within the guild:
    • Member (You are part of the family, welcome!)
    • Officer (You have been part of the family long enough and displayed a full understanding of our virtues to gain the capacity to manage the family and invite new members!)
    • Guild Master (Handled as needed and cycled on a regular basis between Officers of the guild. Prior to release we had at least 8 different Guild Masters.)

We require a few things for you to join the guild...
    1. you must have a Shroud of the Avatar account.
    2. you may register on the forums (required to rank up within the guild, recruit and members are not required to be registered)
    3. you may connect with us socially (optional, but smart for PSA and updates on events)

Notice: Due to the likely scenario of thieves being in this game we are prepared for infiltration from false membership and appreciate your understanding.

Current Member Status: please visit http://www.orderofvengeance.com for updated status information about members.

Update: PvP Option for Player Owned Towns
    Community member Duke Violation suggested that we allow players to be able to set Open PvP for their player owned towns and we thought that was a brilliant idea, so we’re adding that option to the Owner’s Console for Player Owned Towns! Thanks Duke Violation!

Thank you Portalarium! Glad to see we all get to benefit from this one :)

Current "Officers" Roster:
    • Arkah @Minerva
      • Crafting and Event Coordinator
      • Liaison to Memento Mori and 2600
      • Order of Chivalry
    • @Duke Lorimus
      • Liaison to Order Through Chaos
      • Liaison to the underground death dealers
    • @Eternal Knight
      • Guild Emissary
      • Liaison to PaxLair
      • Order of Chivalry
    • @Violation Clauth
      • OoV Founder
      • Liaison to Owl, BMC, and Port Phoenix
      • Keeper of Chaos and Order
    If you are needing to contact us for a RP-PVP event or to coordinate another event in game please deal directly with the current Event Coordinator. If you are wanting to contact us about lot placement in one of our towns please contact any of the current "Officers". Our guild works as a family and many of the members in the guild are officer rank (usually on any given day over 3/4 of the guild is at officer rank). If you are seeking an invite to the guild please get a referral from a current member. We grow as a guild by making new friendships with people and finding that they fit our family and guild virtue goals.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    breach3174, Etheom, Fringe and 10 others like this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Updated the members list on the website to the second page. More are always welcome!

As a gaming community we're fairly new as we've been around since 2007 and when you go to register on the forum (if you choose) it will ask you when we were founded. If you chose to just fill out the application form then that information isn't needed.

3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Thinking about joining.

4. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

How do they deserve it, if it is random?

RDouglas, DizzySol, Soleidad and 2 others like this.
  5. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

They deserve it but the action is carried out at a random time.

"Vengeance is a dish best served cold"-me... just now... possibly influenced by another quote ;)

Good question!

6. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

I personally feel that the forced use of Team Speak ruins the immersion of a game. Any form of role-play goes out the window. But good luck finding members :)

Time Lord and sakuraba like this.
  7. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

You don't have to be on it on a regular basis... just knowing that you are able to connect and have us bookmarked is required... we don't require you to have it open while you play. I agree 100% that being on a chat program can easily take away from a game HOWEVER it also can help... and many times in the last 12 years of facilitating online gameplay I've learned that a good voice comms method is essential to a quality long-term guild relationship.

Thanks for asking for clarification and for the best wishes!

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Tbh I don't think I could ever join a guild that didn't use Teamspeak or Ventrilo. Trying to organise anything via typing is just bad, doing a hunt and giving orders to specific people via text is dreadful.......Organised PvP without chat is just impossible.

9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

There are many things that feel inhibited when there isn't a verbal communication element. That is why we require a sign in. On the same note there are times that everyone just wants to solo play a game so we don't require people to use it all the time as games are supposed to be fun.

Thanks everyone for all the questions and comments. I think it's good to have things clarified so those who fit the best with us know exactly who we are and can find us easier.

blaquerogue and Time Lord like this.
  10. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

Im the complete opposite. I would never join a guild that DID use those two programs :)

11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Well, thanks for stopping by and lettings us know. :)

12. sakuraba

sakuraba Avatar

I meant no disrespect OP.
    Good luck :)

Time Lord and Baron Violation like this.
  13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

None taken. This game is great because it is going to cater to so many play styles and even types of players. I'm really excited to see FPO as it will help encourage my wife to play the game more than any other game I've played with her in the past. She enjoyed questing solo in wow but quit because of getting PKed (I played a PvP server). I love avenging the death of an innocent (Anti-PK) and trying to be morally just in the games I play but I also like group play. I'm usually spending time crafting and collecting when not avenging someone's death.

My brother, Sciamano, on the other hand, just likes any good pvp so he had both an Anti-PK and a PK (perma red) in UO... he would go pick fights at the gates of alliance cities and call in backup when they had a 3:1 ratio on him in WoW until we escalated to 20v20 raids. This game, if all goes how I expect, will be able to allow me to play with both my wife and my brother on the same toon with the same pallet of skills and not force me to roll two different avatars on two different servers. Absolutely amazing. As you can see by the wide focus of the guild we will have all types of players :)

Again, no offense taken, thanks for stopping by and lettings us know. I always appreciate feedback on what people like and don't like. Originally we were a "must register on forum" guild and that got changed to optional from community feedback within our gaming community. We didn't want to alienate good players who don't like private forums. Anyway, have a good one and I look forward to seeing you in game if you're an OPO player :)

14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Zantul, RDouglas, blaquerogue and 2 others like this.
  15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

As a reminder... if you are virtuous and plan to engage in combat we plan to be at war with many Anti-Virtue PvP Guilds. We're still openly recruiting for anyone wanting a home. 250 player TS3 standing by.

16. Bloodwild

Bloodwild Avatar

Oh my, Lukashka as Co-leader, that's just asking for trouble ... *grins* Ask him about the 'Noobie chest and the Fish steaks in UO.

17. Lukashka the Necromancer

Lukashka the Necromancer Avatar

If you are referring to an incident in which several unwary players found themselves horribly poisoned, I claim no responsibility in that event though were it to have occurred it no doubt would have been hilarious.

Akiera, Gaelis, blaquerogue and 2 others like this.
  18. DavenRock [MGT]

DavenRock [MGT] Avatar

*Lays a delicious looking loaf of bread near you then runs around the corner and hides*

19. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

We just hit 15 verified backers and gained an second guild structure!

Time Lord, blaquerogue and rild like this.
  20. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Nice work ! Ur guild look very nice. Cant wait for meet/fight u IG.