Order of Vengeance

Discussion in 'Player Groups & Guilds' started by violation, Dec 6, 2013.

1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Torniquet will be active and able to work combat with you, when you want. I will be focusing more on combat than any other aspect of the game from this point on. Contact me if your interested. I have been studying all forms of combat since the first day we have been able to play in the world.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

It's not every day that you get a private concert... I couldn't help myself. Had to share one of the songs.

@EMPstrike @Leostorm @Minerva

I was setting up the Guild Chapter House in Vengeance and I had some musicians keeping my ears company. Fun times!

3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yay thx man! It was a pleasure :)

4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Avatar

Leo was that the theme from FFIX? :D

6. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

IV I think it was :) myb IX, you got it tho :)

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Avatar

Found it! Great song and great Final Fantasy!

8. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

For guildies, as you may know Duke Violation wants a list of where guild members will place their lots after final wipe. Please shoot me a PM with the following info:

- Lot type
    - Lot location (desired)
    - Use

Example:
    Vox Aquila/Village/Serenite/Vendor

Thank you,
    Vox Aquila

Luca Xante and Violation Clauth like this.
  9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thanks sir, done!

Vox Aquila likes this.
  10. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Updated the guild information... here's the brief overview
    • We had a split due to a few members not wanting to be part of OoV anymore... details are here: http://desrongaming.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2
    • We have replaced the GM that left with @Eternal Knight
    • After over a year of appreciated service Arkah @EMPstrike has stepped down as GM and I have taken back over that spot
    • We moved our teamspeak to desron.typefrag.com to give us a private guild-based TS3
    To address a concern publicly that I've been told a few times... I have not been killed one time by a single person in this game that is not in the guild Order of Vengeance or Memento Mori for over 3 months. Those deaths came at guild meetings while they were screwing around and were not actually intentional... I just have pathetic HP because I haven't been leveling so I can be 1-shot. The reason this is important is because I've had several people tell me in the last couple days that there is a guild relation change with other guilds due to me being killed by someone over and over... I don't know who is starting this rumor but it is not true. I haven't been corpse camped and, personally, I don't believe it's possible to corpse camp someone with a decent computer/internet connection in this game ... so I don't know how that would even happen.

Also, it should be known, we had the couple PK intense players that were in our ranks move out of our guild and form a sister guild called Order Through Chaos. This was done because people kept seeing our Valor and confusing it with PK. Just because we have Courage doesn't mean we want to fight everyone and we have a lot of people in Order of Vengeance that will never lift a sword... they're just willing to stand by their brothers.

For those who don't know what OoV is about here's the goal with our recruitment:
    edit: update ~ I found out that I was killed once while I was afk and had already gone to bed... I left myself logged in and was killed by a new player to the game who I didn't know until over a week later. After being killed some people stood over my corpse and took a picture of the kill as if they had participated in it. I hold no ill will toward this as it is an excellent tactic in warfare to use a corpse of a person to taunt and drum up war. Additionally, it was my silly mistake to forget I was logged into the game and go AFK in an Open PVP zone. Good times!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Due to going persistent very soon I've updated some of the recruiting/event information as follows:
    If you are needing to contact us for a RP-PVP event or to coordinate another event in game please deal directly with the current Event Coordinator. If you are wanting to contact us about lot placement in one of our towns please contact any of the current "Officers". Our guild works as a family and many of the members in the guild are officer rank (usually on any given day over 3/4 of the guild is at officer rank). If you are seeking an invite to the guild please get a referral from a current member. We grow as a guild by making new friendships with people and finding that they fit our family and guild virtue goals.

Expanding on this a bit more.
    Order of Vengeance targets mature gamers (our average age is likely over 35, many with kids and/or grandkids) who enjoy many aspects of the game. We respect people as people and prioritize having fun while playing games beyond any other priority. Our only rule that we enforce is no drama. This rule is easily left up to interpretation by the Guild Masters and the Officers of the guild. The family self manages and provides freedom of choice through the continued application of Chaos in all things. If you need a hand-held experience or are a young gamer this is likely not the best home for you. If you want a managed RP environment or a hardcore PVP environment, this is likely not the guild for you. We have several allies that we strongly recommend players look to for guidance and assistance if we are not the best fit. We see the beauty in diversification of guilds and players and replication of success throughout Shroud of the Avatar. We never plan to be the largest guild and will never strive for this goal. We work hard to remain a family first and hope to connect with you, if that is your goal as well.

Please feel free to visit our newly revamped website for more information or contact me here on the forums for more information.

margaritte, EMPstrike and Luca Xante like this.
  13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Updated OP for accuracy.

14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Quick update!!!

Due to changes with the types of members in our guild we felt it's important to grow with the game and direction of the current member base while not leaving the history and who we are in question. So, the third guild has arrived!

Order of Chivalry has formed and we now have a crafters/merchants guild that is designed for those who want little to no PvP contact. They will be the people we contract for all the best gear and weapons in the game as they have a historical name made for themselves for crafting such things. A large portion of the current members in Order of Vengeance will end up in Order of Chivalry; however, Order of Vengeance will still continue to exist in a place of holding. Stay tuned for future updates as they come up over time.

As of now, the current plan is for Order of Vengeance to stop recruiting for the next month and all new members wanting to join our guild(s) to be cycled through Order of Chivalry. This is to simply the move of existing members and then we will sort everyone. After that Order of Vengeance will start to take hold again and look at who would be a good fit in the roster.

Thanks for taking the time to read this... and, huzzah to OoC!