Organizing the first player-run city with a crafting and trading theme

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Jatvardur, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Great picture, by the way, thanks for taking that for us.

Jatvardur likes this.
  2. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Nice work Jat! You are a true Statesman. I hope The Vanguard Republic keeps growing and is a force to be reckoned with.

Jatvardur and mbomber like this.
  3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Update
    == Agenda ==​
    Thanks to Kadumel​
    Upgrade to Metro​
    Learn To Gather​
    Learn to Craft​
    All Towns Meeting​
    ==========​

Thanks to Kadumel
    Many thanks for donating to the project!

Kadumel has created a website for exchanging SotA items: http://sotaexchange.com/

Once registered you will be able to advertise your goods for sale.

Upgrade to Metro
    Our city has now been upgraded to a metro (thanks to mbomber for upgrading his town). I knew we would get there eventually.

This is our largest town and has been relabelled as town 2 (instead of town 3) in the OP.

Learn to Gather
    This event has been run twice now. Both were successful in teaching different aspects of the game to new and old players alike. It will run again in R14, and possibly once before.

Thanks to Winfield (of Paxlair) and Kazyn Phoenixfyre (of Phoenix Republic) for helping out.

Learn to Craft
    Keep an eye out for this event running at the coming weekend. This will run in the Valemark although the exact spot is still TBD.

Thanks to Winfield (of Paxlair) for helping to plan this.

All Towns Meeting
    The meeting was a blast. A bit smaller this time but great topics and great discussion. There is a lot of passion among town leaders and a lot of agreeance about how to take things forward. That's not to say that all town leaders agree on all topics, but everyone wants to see the game launch and to have an active and thriving community. Thanks to Greagoir for organizing.

Attendees: Winfield (Paxlair), Sean Silverfoot (Paxlair), Kazyn Phoenixfyre (Phoenix Republic), Cordelayne Valkaris, Blake Blackstone (Blackstone Bluff), Drocis Fondorlatos (Penshire), Duke Greagoir (Dara Brae), smack, myself, and royalsexy (representing Islands of Wonder or just 4B?)

Picture:
    [​IMG]

Still growing. :) We are building a solid team and working on our cross-town / cross-guild interactions.

4. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

Delighted to see your continued progress. Great job.

Jatvardur and mbomber like this.
  5. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Will the crafters of RSFIE offer vendor sevices throughout the realm or just within the Vanguard Republic?

Jatvardur likes this.
  6. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

I may be speaking out of turn, but it is my understanding that sellers will provide goods to willing buyers wherever they may be.

7. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Name Update
    Name of our group of towns has been updated. I felt that the Phoenix Republic should be unique in its use of the word Republic which is better for their branding and ours.

Our updated name in full: Free Cities of the Vanguard Ascendancy.

Shortened to Vanguard Ascendancy, Vanguard or VA.

POT Spreadsheet
    I have created a new POT spreadsheet that lists all the publicly known POTs. I've taken information from the Wiki and from the Town Hall (across all the threads I could find). The spreadsheet lists the town name, the owner, the size. There are also columns for area where one POT has several attached to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10D3Wf-7eLLDaJwm0WJcF2zoaRFinGW6FJcwYHlxL-dY/edit#gid=0

Learn To Craft
    In association with Winfield / Paxlair I will be running a player event called "Learn to Craft". This is ideally suited to those players who have limited knowledge on crafting and want to learn more about the game. We will be handing out crafting resources but our supplies are limited. Event thread is here:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?posts/291508/

Valemark, Lot 23, Sunday 28th December at 1pm Central (7pm GMT)

Good question. Yes, we intend to sell our items outside of Vanguard and yes we would send our crafters to other towns as the situation calls for it. While I encourage crafters to sell great products within Vanguard, I doubt anticipate that our crafters would only sell products within Vanguard. It would be difficult to police and I can't think of a good reason to prevent. The exception might be uber-rare / hard to craft items.

What I envisage for Vanguard is a reliable stream of good products in our vendors. It wouldn't be necessary to stock every item, nor would it be necessary to block Vanguard citizens trading elsewhere. Clearly, there is a problem if vendors run dry and our crafters are not incentivized to stock their own vendors. I'd need to think about what that would happen and then consider how to counter it.

It is hard to know how many vendors each player will have. Obviously we get tax-free vendors at the right pledge level, but beyond that I have no idea how many vendors can be easily sustained by one person. That is one of the limits to how many vendors we can place within Vanguard, nevermind outside of it.

8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Congratulations, Játvarður!

9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Vielen dank. :)

mbomber likes this.
  10. Mata

Mata Avatar

Your welcome! :)

Jatvardur likes this.
  11. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Very cool indeed Jat. Sorry I could not make it this weekend.... I was so sick I could not even do my own event. *chuckles*

12. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

For the spreadsheet - Phoenix Fields is managed and owned by Ker now, not Sebben. Also a new as of yet unnamed holdfast has been founded within the republic. Another few still in discussion...will let you know.

Also Port Phoenix will be going to town shortly.

13. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

No problem! Hope you are getting better. Event was more complicated than expected but we figured out how to make it run smoother next time. It was successful though in that new players showed up and learnt something. They managed to get through all 3 recipes which is great. Running time was approximately 1 hour.

I also see a typo in my post that you quoted. Eep! Fixing that.

14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Fixed the name for PF.
    Added the unnamed Holfast.
    Waiting on upgrading PP to Town until you do it. Let me know and I'll update. :)

15. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I will do so. Unnamed Holdfast is owned by Boy Graham

16. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Updated. I recall seeing him in game, possibly in Deep Ravenswood. Small world.

17. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

He's a member of society of shadows and a great guy. I like the spreadsheet - will keep you abreast of our newer towns as we finalize the agreements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Dismayven

Dismayven Avatar

I am very interested in this. Please contact me to let me know how to join the guild :D

mbomber and Jatvardur like this.
  19. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Private message sent! :)

Anyone that wants to join or has any questions can also send me a PM. Anyone can add me in game too: /friend Jatvardur Elden

I can add people to the in-game guild, but joining our website is a good start too: http://rsfie.com

20. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I had planned to grow my POT into a metro but sadly it looks like a (surprise to me) divorce will necessitate me stopping at town size. I had mentioned this to Jatvardur but i might as well inform our friends also. One of my rabbits died too so i have had a bad week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.