Organizing the first player-run city with a crafting and trading theme

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Jatvardur, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Welcome! Haven't met either of them yet but hope they find the town to their liking.

They can feel free to friend me in game or shoot me a PM for any reason.

Cool! Was fun grouping up with Aleister. I didn't want to hassle / talk him about guilds and housing, but I guess you made the sale. :p

Welcome to him!

Welcome Craig! That has to be one of the most British sounding names there is, so hearing that he is Ukrainian is completely unexpected!

He can /friend too or send me any questions if needed.

Ok, that is more than I realised. :eek:

Your generosity is probably unsurpassed.

Someone who should probably know better making bold statements. If anyone is due criticism, it is David, but even that would be stupid since David has donated a lot of gifts to members of this community. More than any other person I know.

Yeah. Wow! :eek:

2. Sascha Biermanns

Sascha Biermanns Avatar

Please welcome Drakaul Merik as newest citizen of Vanguard.

Melissa and Jatvardur like this.
  3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Update

=== Agenda===
    Parties / Events
    Decoration Contest
    Stock Market
    Crafting in Vanguard
    R24 Hat video
    ====*====*====

Parties / Events

Halloween party recap
    The Halloween party was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who came. I ended up giving out more prizes than initially anticipated.

Costume Competition prize winners:

• 1st Miri Kr (15 USD)
    • 2nd Tari Silimsure and Grave GodsHammer (10 USD each)
    • 3rd Sara Dreygon, Doc Shroud, Selene Noctua (5 USD each)
    All prizes were paid out.

On the day Kazyn offered and paid $20 into the prize pot, and Hel Aithon added $10. Thanks guys for helping out. :)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...contests-24th-of-october-2015-vanguard.38468/

Tantalus Auction
    Tantalus Auction (in-game gold)! December 5th, 2pm Gametime (8pm UK).

Follow the link below for more details:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...in-game-gold-december-5th-2pm-gametime.41360/

[​IMG]

Yule party / Winter Fest
    We are planning a yule / christmas / winter themed party in Vanguard and across various Tantalus towns. Look out for more details coming soon. I was discussing some ideas with @Spoon these evening so expect something awesome.

As with the Halloween party expect there to be prizes from the add-on store. :)

More details coming soon.

Decoration Contest

Vanguard Decoration Contest - R24 / R25

Vanguard is hosting a decoration contest. To enter you must place a lot in Vanguard and decorate it as best as you can. If you don't have a lot / house then you can borrow one for the duration of the contest (see below). If you already have a lot / house then feel free to drop by and take an empty lot. If you don't see a free lot that you like then you can request for me to put down a marker and I will do my best to accommodate.

Judging will happen in the last week of R25. It doesn't matter what size of lot you use, nor for how much you spend. It only matters how it looks in the end. There won't be a penalty for starting late, but obviously you will have less time to perfect your design.

There will be prizes too in the form of add-on store credit:
    • 1st -- $30
    • 2nd -- $20
    • 3rd -- $10

Heads up:
    If Edward Newgate posts a decoration contest event in either the R24 or R25 event forums then it is worth entering those too.

To enter:
    Post your name below and then edit the post with the coordinates once you know them (use /loc in game, I believe it copies the details to your computer's clipboard: ctrl+v should paste them into the post).

If you want to take part but don't see a suitable lot then post your interest in the event thread (see link below) and we can try to meet up in game to sort it out.

Cross-posted:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/vanguard-decoration-contest-r24-r25.41379/

Home Ownership - Want to test home ownership?
    If you don't own a house but want to try it out, or if you fancy trying out a larger house then read on.

We have a few lots in Vanguards which have been claimed but don't have anyone in residence. We would be happy to put someone on to the Trustee list.

We have:
    • 1 Row lot.
    • 4 few village lots.
    • 1 city lot.
    • 3 keep lots (or smaller).

Some of the lots are already placed with houses, while some are not. So it may require some a little coordination. We won't give out the actual deeds but rather add you as a trustee.

First come, first served.

Post below, send me a message on here, or whisper me in game.

Stock Market
    As some of you may know I have been developing a stock market idea specifically for SotA. This idea has been building up since I first penned the idea during KS. Among the first public comments were on my guild website in early 2014.

As a reminder, I posted the first stock transaction in the general forum back in June:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...alus-and-new-britannian-stock-exchange.33151/

In R24 I decorated a Keep lot in Vanguard as a stock exchange. Be sure to check it out (note it is a work in progress):

[​IMG]

Crafting in Vanguard
    One of the primary design goals of Vanguard the facilitation of optimal crafting. In R24 the town square has been set up in a way that crafters can quickly move from the bank to the crafting stations. We have placed one of each type of crafting station along with a banker npc. This arrangement is essentially mirrored on either side of the square (see the outside areas by the airships).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

R24 Hat video
    If you are planning to do the R24 Grand Tour hat quest then check out this video:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  4. David Thompson

David Thompson Avatar

Wow !!! Impressive Doc Jatvardur !!!

Jatvardur likes this.
  5. Lorde

Lorde Avatar

Good job Jatvardur. Now, its more convenient. Anyways, i like your Christmas hat. ;)

mbomber, Jatvardur and Melissa like this.
  6. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Vicky's crafting up a storm.

7. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

Very interesting town you have going here. Still looking for a place to hang my hat.

Jatvardur likes this.
  8. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

You are very welcome to live in Vanguard, and / or join our guilds. If you need more info then feel free to ask here or send me a PM. Not sure if you have seen the town already but it's in game and there should be enough free lot markers placed.

In game you can add me to your friend's list and catch me when I get on:

/friend Jatvardur

JJpalarca likes this.
  9. JJpalarca

JJpalarca Avatar

hi.

Jatvardur and langlang like this.
  10. langlang

langlang Avatar

ok, I'm in the guild now too

Jatvardur likes this.
  11. Princess May

Princess May Avatar

great

Jatvardur likes this.
  12. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

13. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

@SotA COMMUNITY: The guild is still active, with many new members despite my own absence. A huge update is due and being worked on right now.

Currently, the guild RSFIE and the residents of Vanguard are almost one and the same. Probably not a huge surprise but going forward I'm obviously happy for people to join either as they see fit; I've said that many times but will re-iterate so the idea sticks. :)

Guild: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...us-society-for-industrial-enlightenment.7300/

Tantalus Consortium still exists too. :)

Hey guys, thanks for the joining the guild and being active. Love that you are getting stuck into crafting and gathering. Plus the armour you are all rocking looks awesome. Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks again, of course. :)

mbomber and Spoon like this.
  14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Update

==*=* Agenda *=*==
    Vanguard
    Brittany Fields Crafting Pavilion
    RSFIE Guild
    Voice Chat - Discord
    Realm Wares
    =*=*=======*=*=​

Vanguard POT
    Now that we have hit persistence I should update this thread.

Welcome to all new guild members and residents.

We are located just south of Jaanaford in South Paladis. The boat to take you to our island is next to Tenebris Harbor which is a 5 skull NPC area. Just to the east of us is Arx Draconis the town of The Syndicate (they have several towns in this area).

See the original post for where we are on the map. :)

I'm planning to arrange something with the residents of Jaanaford. We have a shared fate in Novia. If Jaanaford can prosper then so too can Vanguard, and vice-versa. We have a unique spot in the map. We are both centrally located and between 4 control points. This points as at the centre of east-west trade. In the coming months I'm hoping to see residents of South Paladis working together.

If you are interested in buying fish or fishing supplies then check out Jaanaford. That's the word on the street. ;-)

Crafting Square:
    The central square now has all the expert level crafting statoins, plus very easy access to a banking NPC, plus a crafting merchant near-by, plus many other merchants in the vicinity, plus many open lots for you to select a house close to this central area.

How to find? Look for the Imperial Navy Airship upon the flat plateau near the harbour:

[​IMG]

The crafting square is the airship in the distance, just to the right (East) is the spawn point of this POT:

[​IMG]

If you want to move in then just contact me (/friend Jatvardur). If you have suggestions then feel free to message me.

Brittany Fields - Crafting Pavilion and Vendor
    We have a crafting pavilion in Brittany Fields. All guild members can freely place items for sale on this vendor. All members of Tantalus Consortium can request to be added to the kindred list and hence be granted access to list items.

It is the first house you see when you enter the map, just to the right of the bank (which is the first building you see ;-) ).

Why craft here?

• Central location on the overland map (Britanny)
    • Close proximity to the bank.
    • Close proximity to the entrance / exit.
    • One of every crafting station here at expert level.
    • Open lot: Anyone can craft here.
    • Guild Chapter House: guild members can list items on the vendor.
    • New guild members welcome.

Brittany Fields is the second largest district of Brittany with a wide variety of housing types. The central location and good mix of player base means that it ought to be a thriving town.

Here are some pics to show the lot's location and how it looks:

Location within Brittany Fields:
    [​IMG]

The first house you see upon entering is the crafting pavilion (next to the bank):
    [​IMG]

Construction finished. One of every expert level crafting station:
    [​IMG]

=================================================================================

Guild
    The Righteous Society For Industrial Enlightenment

In brief:

Open, casual guild
    PVE & PVP
    Strong interest in crafting, gathering, trading
    Player-Owned Towns
    Cross-guild cooperation

=================================================================================

VOIP - Voice Chat

Discord - https://discord.gg/Ndd76uw

This covers all of Tantalus. Which includes this town and guild.

Tantalus Consortium - Group of Towns and Guilds (Royal Warrant holder)

Looking to buy items for dollars?
    Check out Realm Wares:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../selling-resources-gold-realmwares-com.62143/

New members welcome. Message me here or in game.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  15. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Great location in Brit Fields. I use your Pavilion all the time.

rild and Jatvardur like this.
  16. Duke James Murphy

Duke James Murphy Avatar

Guys,
    I hate to break it you, but you hurt my feelings. The Britannian Mining Company (BMC) is the oldest Crafting Guild in both UO and Sota. We've been around since Richard sported an Afro. It's documented. We have many Expert Crafting tables in Black Rock Cove in Southern Quel, many GMs, and sell both raw materials and finished goods. We love competition, but please know your facts. Forgive me, but I was insulted when I saw this thread, we existed before there were online games. Richard wrote us in before we took over our destiny during the first release of UO. I just wanted to set the record straight because I love my guild and our premier Metropolis and our very long history. Don't be upset, you probably don't know us and I take that into consideration. We are the Grandpa's with a lot of young blood. I wish you well on your endeavors. I really do.

Duke James Murphy

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    Lazarus Long likes this.
  17. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

This is with regards to SotA. You've missed the context if you have only caught this now.

Player towns were not a really thing prior to POTs being announced. This thread was the first to suggest creating such a town after the POT announcement. So now the record is straight.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Argenta and Numa like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.