Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

OS X QA build 657 has a ginormous memory leak, which may be due to something in Northwood scene

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Widsith [MGT], Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie While I was typing to you in another thread, I had my avatar parked on the dock in Northwood. When I went back to SotA, it was spinning the beachball and Activity Monitor showed it had a 26GB (!) footprint, far above the normal. At that point it tried to take me back to the 'Welcome to..." display, hung there, and continued to gobble memory up to 28GB before I force quit the process. Could be something new in 657, but since I ran around Novia quite a bit in 656, I'm suspecting something pathological in Northwood itself.

ETA: Relogged and watched the footprint while standing idle at Northwood dock. Grows .3 GB per minute, doing nothing.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    that_shawn_guy likes this.
  2. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Lexie It is not the Northwood scene, it is the OS X client. From the above, I recalled to another scene (POT Veritas Sanctuary) and again timed the memory footprint. It is still growing at .3 GB per minutes. NOT scene dependent, something bogus in the code. I was on long enough for this to show up last night in 656, so may have just been introduced. I will watch it for a while longer to be sure it keeps escalating to the previous hang point.

ETA: OK, now I'm officially confused. It stabilized at 9.17GB in the new scene, rather than running away to 20+. Guess I will have to walk back to Northwood....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    that_shawn_guy likes this.
  3. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Back to Northwood, and it seems to have stabilized, at 10.02GB. BAH! I hate flakies!

Only thing that I can think of is that I'm alone in scene right now, not sure about the previous time with the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.