Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

OsX Mojave 10.14.2 seems to fix crashes

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Silberfarn, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

Hello,

there is a known bug that crashes OsX Mojave clients unless the "-force-glcore" option is used in the launcher (top right gear icon). That option greatly decreases performance and causes lags/hitching.
    Apple released OsX Mojave 10.14.2 yesterday. I have installed it (system settings>softwareupdate) and it seems that this fixes these issues, ie. I removed the glcore-option and my game does not crash (yet) brutally as it did before. I will test more thoroughly today :)))))) and report back.

Cheers,
    Silberfarn

Update: played about 30mins, MOB Battle in Tenebris Harbour (lots of AoEs, lots of fast running), decorating lot, etc. Not a single crash (!!!) and no hitching (apart from 3 sec stuttering directly after scene load). MacOsX Mojave 10.14.2 runs smoothly WITHOUT -force-glcore. Please spread the word and confirm.
    @Chris @that_shawn_guy @Balrod @Alley Oop

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

No crashes so far. I've only tested it for about 30 minutes on a backup system. I haven't upgraded my main system to Mojave yet.

3. shadtek

shadtek Avatar

My problems have also disappeared.
    Funny, I say something derogatory about poor code and I get banned from responding to my own post, but here we are-A correction has OBVIOUSLY been made.
    I was told by at least 5 different people to upgrade my computer and that would fix it. Well, yes that would have resolved my issue with the poorly written code, but I would have to spend a few hundred dollars....
    This kind of dishonesty does not sit well with me.

4. Silberfarn

Silberfarn Avatar

I can't comment on your post. I find the Elysium Illumination bug (mentioned in each release note) bad code. The graphic issue here stemmed solely from upgrading a Mac from High Sierra (no -force-glcore needed) to Mojave (hitching gameplay with -force-glcore, crashes without it), not changing anything on Port's behalf. Doing another upgrade from Mojave 10.14.1 to Mojave 10.14.2 fixed it. There have been no patches by Sota involved whatsoever. Please blame them when they deserve it and don't blame them when they don't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.