Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Overland encounters

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Proteus Tempest, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

After a short time with overland encounters my initial reaction is.... I like them.

However there should be more of it in more variety which will likely happen in the future. I hope.

Also seeing my enemy/traders/gypsies etc is great but the suprise attack I cannot see would be very exciting.
    So more enemies lying in wait assassins who hate me etc.

When I get a faster rig and a M.2 ssd drive I hope the spontaneity will increase with less loading time.

Also,

For those that opt to try to avoid encounters on the overland it would be neat that if we try to run across an area with a scene there that there is a chance something in the scene might take notice and pull us into tht scene.
    Like a dragon that might be in that scene.

Hazard and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Ulf Berht

Ulf Berht Avatar

I have to agree that the encounters are a good feature. The resources are a bonus. I wonder about the "level" of the mobs, some are easy others not so much. Could they exhibit some flag or color perhaps skulls on a staff. I too was unable to avoid the encounter with skels.

Chatele and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Have we found out the range for getting pulled into an encounter? Maybe it could randomly double/triple to grab people trying to run by when already active (like the OP suggests).

4. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

The overland map since its beginning has been getting more and more pleasing. I'm starting to get excited about it but when I look at it, there is something lacking.

On a map like this I think there are some things that we need to see to make the map a lot busier.

Weather: I feel that we shoud see the weather in its random locations and not just raining everywhere. Clouds rolling across the sky with rain, no rain or even snow.

Larger creatures: I'm not sure the population density of dragons but we definitely need to see the dragons flying across the map as well as the pheonix. Dragons flying around the peaks of their nesting areas even though it might be nearly impossible to get there would be a grand sight on the overland map.

Water creatures: If we can see the large creatures on the overland then seeing large creatures on the overland is a possibility.

I will add more latter.

Chatele, redfish and Pikegirl like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

You should see my post here if you haven't already. We need regional weather! The post shows a mockup of what "low clouds" would look like; there would be the "high clouds" that are in the skybox, and then the "low clouds" that indicate regional weather events, and low enough and they'd become fog. I follow up with another mockup of clouds around a mountain peak.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Dragons and such are planned I believe.

I personally think groups of enemies in an encounter would be better shown as a "pack" on the overland than as an individual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.