Overland POT Retirement

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Beaumaris, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Developers:

Lets get a policy and system in place now so we can do away with the truly vacant 'ghost town' POTs later.

By ghost towns, I don't mean POTs that are small but have an active governor or kindred. Those are fine.

I'm talking about truly vacant POTs like 'Rat's Nest', whose governor made it known he won't be back.

Let's be honest. The truly ghost town POTs like Rats Nest, sitting idle with no buildings deployed, portray the game in a poor light. They are presented on the overworld map as landmarks to explore, yet there is nothing there but a vanilla, vacant scene. Portraying a game world with landmarks, only to find those land marks be vacant, is the opposite of what I think the team is hoping to portray to active players.

Further, the truly vacant ghost POTs also are taking up valuable space on the overworld Novia map. The dev team could be allowing other, active, nested POTs to be using that space as a way to bring more vibrant landmarks to the surface of Novia. Why aren't we doing that? Because someone paid for that POT spot? Well, many of us paid for our housing lots too, quite a bit in fact, and those can be prone to booting us if we dont show up. Why should a totally vacant ghost POT be subject to different rules than player lots?

Player towns should be deactivated if its governor or other designated kindred have not logged in for a year. If the POT owner returns years later, they are always welcome to request a nested spot again, which Port could easily agree to honor. Lets implement some rule like that. Come up with a policy and system to address these truly vacant ghost POTs now so that everyone has fair warning and it can be implemented next year.

Cheers!

2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Simply....totally disagree.

3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

i do think we need to find a way to increase the visibility of the nested towns. especially the active ones. there are some really great towns that most players will never see or hear of.

joeziggy2, K1000, CICI and 1 other person like this.
  4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

If the player left the game like the OP said, then the POT should be removed from the overworld, IT is unnecessary clutter...… And 1 thing I hate is wasting my time logging into a POT just to find out it is void of any living or non living thing..... Remove it....

5. CICI

CICI Avatar

100% agree some kind of terms of service is need for inactive Governor/towns or maybe if they no longer want to be a town owner sell it on the Player Marketplace or give it to a buddy :)

it's like land lots in the game if you do not plan on using it sell it on the Player Marketplace or unclaim the lot

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  6. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

Perhaps after a year of no activity the town becomes invisible on the map until the first patch after reactivation. Or leave the town but maybe throw in spawn points and treat them like abandoned towns.

Dirk Hammerstrike and Sentinel2 like this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Until the governor or a steward logs in.

8. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

not a bad idea

9. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

I would love to see them as over-run or abandoned ghost towns, just another adventure scene.

10. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Amazing idea.

that_shawn_guy likes this.
  11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Agree - fill them with roving monsters appropriate to the biome !

Belladonna Rose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.