1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Oyster tank

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Ysold, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Seeing how hard it is to find Black Pearl in the wild, I would really like to grow my own oysters and harvest black pearl.
    Growing oysters would perfectly fit the Agriculture tree, with only one extra skill (Feed) needed. Oyster food could be a Butchery or Cooking item, made from fish.
    Oyster tanks could be purchased like planting pots. Seed oysters could be purchased from fishing NPCs.

Ysold.

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Pro: Easier reagent harvesting

Con: It'll kill the black pearl market

Kinda wishy washy on this one. I prefer harvesting to buying (and I run a magic shop, so getting regs to sell was an issue early on) and a better source for black pearl at lower levels would have been nice. But pearl is one of the things I sell that sells very consistently, so I'm loathe to see the market killed.

FWIW, sand elementals drop pearl, so once you can fight them reliably, it's much easier to gather that way. I'd prefer that there were just more oysters to harvest, or that they didn't take so long to respawn (or at least maybe respawned faster during the day, since you have to wait until night to harvest anyway) but this is where we are.

Anpu likes this.
  3. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

This is a good idea, I like it.

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.