Pacu Fishing - Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So I have to ask why one would implement such a nice mechanic to reward fishing and to also intergrade a system that promotes explorations and even research in the game . . . .

[​IMG]

..Then turn around and totally destroy any creativity by putting the location highlighted and on top of Zone Recall List without any interaction at all.

At least one should be forced to at least talk to a Town Crier before they are highlighted, best to have just left alone but.

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Why in the world would two towns that are on land be better fishing than the island Dara Brae??!? That boggles everyone's mind. ;)

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

the Pacu where released into the waters by the pet owner they grown and multiply for 24 hours then become overpopulated and eat each other

4. Floors

Floors Avatar

I'm going to guess it's because someone complained about how hard it was to find out the info.

You can please some of the people some of the time......

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

DANG! :D

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

7. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

I'm not even sure what's special about Pacu?

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

to some people playing the game, exploring, finding the location of things, catching or killing something that is only in one spot a day . . . . .

players, want different things, and the one who stick around are the ones who enjoy the Game, not the ones who have gamed it to the nth degree and are now bored.

The problem is you see $$ up front from the min maxes and sure there are more, and you can say bigger better things when you get an huge quick influx, but in the end it is the steady stream that's keeps it going?

When you create a mechanics that encourages involvement, not frustration i.e. recipes, and then just turn around and kill if off the next release?

Look the Dragon spawn was "great" great story, great lead in, but in the end it was a mindless spawn of killing dragons for nothing. It could have been a GREAT adventure but in the end it was a goofy kill fest.

Having a meteor crash and create a hole that released dragons and you had to fight into it to find a queen would have worked so much better that jut spawning them on top of each other. . . . .

in the end the devs will do as they please but also will when they pull the l=plug look at who is left active, I can bet 1000 - 1 that the numbers of Player will outweigh Gamers 5 - 1.

9. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

@Weins201 Thanks for the reply but your response made absolutely no sense to me regarding my curiosity about Pacu. :)

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The only spawn in two different tows each day, The food ad a buff if you want to coo them they can be mounted as a trophy. Why did players complete the lens quest, or get a book, whatever reason there is they are special. I know a few players catch them each day, if it is not for you so be it but they are (were) a nice addition)

Now another reason why this breaks the design, The towns today I KNOW I have not yet beento one yet I am going to go there just because I can. I do not havge to locate anywhere I actually did not have to ask the Town crier I could just click teleport to zone and teleport there, Completely bad design to implement a mechanic and on month later destroy it uniqueness.

I did talk to crier and noticed a town I did not know

[​IMG]

I then hit teleport to zone and wala it is on my list, zero research zero exploration zero ingenuity

11. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

perhaps some newer players dont know about resources like sotamap, etc for finding PoTs in Novia

12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also some of them are nested and won’t be listed on the sota map. I still just ask a town crier.

13. Net

Net Avatar

I am okay with the zone scroll highlight until we get updated interactive map and option to ask for directions.

Nested towns are on SotA map, but changes to POTs made in the last 10-20 releases are missing, so one has to use SotA wiki as well and read through the release notes...

Dollar Bill, Yolo SoLive and Jaesun like this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Well, they are still missing on the map so.... shouldn’t have to go to the wiki.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

SOOO Today I was wandering around and decided to see where the Pacu where popping up today, so I clicked on my Teleport to Zone and lo and behold there was not two highlighted on the top of the list

TY
    TY
    TY

They did appear there after I talked to a town crier so at least there is some interaction now needed, I hope this was intentional and not just an error I saw.

Jaesun likes this.
  16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Cuz pacu is a fresh water species \o/

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  17. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Well, this actually makes sense.
    I went looking for Pacu, talked to the town crier, and it returned two town names I'd never heard of, that were nested "somewhere."
    I asked in various chats, nobody had heard of these places or had any idea.
    I checked the wiki, but pots change hands, names change, etc.
    Couldn't find them. NO pacu today.
    I dont have any objection to them being on the teleport list.

Dollar Bill, Iktomi and Yolo SoLive like this.
  19. Yolo SoLive

Yolo SoLive Avatar

I don't either. As far as exploration- I usually pop out.to.the overland to see where I am. And sometimes, as stated, going to the sota map doesn't always tell me where the pot is- so I miss the pacu of the day for that town.

Cleome Arachnid likes this.
  20. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

Pacu, pacu, pacuchu, I chose you!!

Yolo SoLive likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.