Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maka, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misty44142

misty44142 Avatar

Hearing about the new MMO Brad and Visionary Dreams will be creating made my day - I made my pledge just now. Here's to a successful launch to both SotA and PRotF, two MMOs that will usher in a new generation of happy players (and make us old-timers ecstatic). The hard part will be which game to play each day once they do launch.... :)

Ashenor likes this.
  2. DeadPixel

DeadPixel Avatar

No worries, we have to keep these legacies alive! Camelot Unchained is another one I felt obligated to support.

I do have very fond memories of pre-raid content. Sitting in Lower Guk at 2am with the hopes of snagging a Ykesha with a small group was very fun. Unfortunately raiding ended up being 95% of my EQ1 playtime.

3. Ashenor

Ashenor Avatar

Cheers and thanks for the support. Look forward to meeting you in Sota.

4. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I never played EQ, but if Pantheon is good enough for Portalarium's support then it's good enough for me!

Ashenor likes this.
  5. Hannar

Hannar Avatar

Hello guys! This has been a very exciting news day. I really appreciate the consideration everyone is giving Pantheon right now. I am very happy to be pledging to support SotA now. Hopefully one day soon we will all have a new-age MMORPG with old school roots that helps bring back that experience we have been missing since the genre went off the rails sometime in the 2000's. Hopefully our mutual support for both products will make that happen.

I will let you know that if you are looking for a quick way to catch up on everything that Brad and his team have said about Pantheon so far, we have put together a nice starting point here.

Ashenor likes this.
  6. Ashenor

Ashenor Avatar

Ya I am a internal tester for Camelot unchained also. Hopefully they can do the ins with all 3.

7. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Welcome Pantheon backers! The game does look very good even in its early state. However, I am not an EQ fan and the game does speak to me personally. If my finances were not in the toilet I would back it anyway, but I do not have the free funds. :(

That said I think Pantheon will do just fine and should have no problem meeting its goal. You guys are doing great already.

Good luck and welcome to SOTA! :)

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Welcome Pantheon players!!

I just pledged $25 for the fallen special for the cross cloak promo. :). Only 1,000 available for that pledge amount. .

Ashenor likes this.
  9. Hardy

Hardy Avatar

Ahh yes, Brad "No Soloing" McQuaid. That guy is like a broken record.

I pledged "Paragon" level out of morbid curiosity to see how that is going to sit with the gamers of today.

Ashenor likes this.
  10. Ashenor

Ashenor Avatar

Unless you are a druid ha.

Ya I am journeyman with all the addons.

11. Eldgrim

Eldgrim Avatar

The planet's name is Terminus. Is that an Isaac Asimov tribute? The question is causing me a minor Seldon event...

12. deeskrad

deeskrad Avatar

I threw down for Pantheon. I think SOTA is more my thing but we shall find out!

13. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I never got to play EQ, but I did spend time in EQII, and played with a couple of friends in Vanguard briefly. This is no disrespect to the Pantheon crowd, but it does make me a little leery seeing SotA hitched to McQuaid's history, especially with the recent SOE announcement they're shuttering Vanguard.

I do think there's definitely a niche for the hardcore/no soloing crowd, but speaking solely for myself, I know my lifestyle and time from way back in the early UO days compared to now are night and day. I miss the days of grinding and spending literally days online with friends at all crazy hours, as there were some great memories. But in the current genre, and especially in the recent economy, most folks I know simply don't have the abundant time or even resources to devote online.

Maybe there's enough room for both, and will allow both titles to succeed. I personally have more invested emotionally and nostalgically with SotA simply due to Richard Garriott's involvement. The field's been littered too often lately with some great concept MMO games with unique elements, but then lack the actual subscribers and cash flow to be maintained. Having basically two similar titles with subscription fees produced together (especially both medievial/fantasy based) seems to be fighting over the same trough out the gate.

Invoking the ugly word of "WoW" here, there must be a middle ground where gaming can be inviting, fun, and ensnaring for newer players (as that is what makes the backbone of MMOs) while also balancing the grind and time-consuming aspects without going the ultra extreme hand-holding that some suffer. Even the original CRPGs started out brutally difficult and sometimes ridiculously impossible to complete, but it was the efforts of games like Bard's Tale, Balder's Gate, Elder Scrolls, and even Ultima that allowed newer players to get into the worlds and see the excellent product, while still keeping the gameplay inviting enough to be challenging without being punitive.

I wish Pantheon luck; I'm just concerned about SotA supporting a potential competitor.

Uzume and Lord Baldrith like this.
  14. Chaotic

Chaotic Avatar

I'm joining the call also!! You are now an official backer of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. Welcome Pantheon players!!

Zepherius likes this.
  15. eevilways

eevilways Avatar

Adding myself to the list. I was extremely excited when I heard about Pantheon and pledged there. After I heard the partnership I decided to come here and pledge also. I hadn't heard about this one at all. Never did play UO really, but have enjoyed Ultima games in the past so I am curious how this will go too.

Good luck to both MMO's and hopefully they both get the money they need and deserve. :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  16. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

It would be interesting to see both games lightly linked where adverse/beneficial effects on some isolated spot in one game would affect the appearance or mechanics in one select area of the other. [Ex: Pay to send NPC type "Guard Michael" style mercenaries wearing SotA capes through a portal to deal with a cross-dimensional situation, etc.]. Anyway, this is just some pie-in-the-sky thinking that might be fun to tinker with later on...

17. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I don't want to be too dismissive of Brad McQuaid... but EQ 1 in it's original form was a graphical version of a mud. (Sojourn/Toril) which he didn't design... (I played it starting in 1996, left around 2006, but Mishri is still on there, level 50 barbarian warrior.. along with many level 50 alts, I still log in occasionally)

That said It looks like he is designing a really cool game and I intend to back it.

edit: haha I watched his video he actually mentions the mud in it :) We had a big gathering in Indiana of people from the mud but he didn't show. :p (he left when he made EQ)...

18. Curt

Curt Avatar

Perhaps should partner with one of the space oriented mmo's to?`. Both ultima 1 and 2 had space parts.

19. Maka

Maka Avatar

Could the subscription model be what is hurting this campaign?

20. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

They did partner with a space themed mmo.

Star Citizen.

Sir Edreamer _MGT470 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.