Partial-tier Pledge Upgrade/Add-on Store Items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NirAntae, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

So, say that "for instance" ( :cool: ) I am on a payment plan for a Citizen level pledge, and still have a couple of hundred dollars to go. But, this month, I have an extra few dollars that I could siphon into my pledge level! Is there any way to go about this? Right now, it appears that the only option is a payment plan to a given tier, that is the same for the next few months, or a full upgrade to a given tier. Furthermore, I am not sure how that would affect the existing payment plan, if one were to the upgrade to another lower tier (since technically you are only the tier through which you have actually delivered the money for.) The only thing like a workaround I can even see would be to, now that there is a gifting system, give my money to someone else, and ask them to gift me an adventurer level pledge, but that seems both awkward and mildly risky. There really ought to be a "Pledge other dollar amount" kind of option.

Also, it would also be great to include a "return for store credit" or "apply towards different reward" type option for virtual add-on (store) items, since they haven't actually been delivered yet and new things are coming out all the time. I've bought three things, and one of them, the most expensive of course, I now wish I hadn't and would have preferred to spend the money elsewhere. I don't want my money back, just wish I were getting different items in return. It seems like it ought to be easier, for not-yet-delivered virtual items, than having to personally write to support to see if anything can even be done.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  2. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

NirAntae: I really like both your suggestions, but I doubt very much that the developers will allow partial-tier pledge upgrades :( Your second suggestion, returning purchased add-ons for store credit, sounds very reasonable and hopefully the developers will allow that.

Jambo likes this.
  3. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

That sounds like an "okay" workaround, in theory, except for a couple of issues... Most importantly being that if I were to cancel said payment plan, I would lose access to the Dev+ areas. In addition, that would only work if I wanted to add an amount equal or greater to my minimum Citizen level pledge payment. Also, that would take out the "extra" amount I wanted to pledge, then would immediately take out the normal payment plan amount again when I switched back. All these factors together make it Complicated and difficult to figure up.

And regardless, I'm mostly trying to point out a way in which the website/payment system could be improved. You should make every effort to make it as easy as possible for people to give you money, not make it a challenge for them to figure out how, no? This is doubly so when donations/pledges are your primary source of income!

4. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Why wouldn't they allow it? It seems extremely in their benefit to do so... more money, no additional obligations to fulfill! Also, with the huge gaps in tiers later on, that means that if you can't basically double what you've already donated, you can't add just a bit extra you happened to have on hand. (Although I imagine at that point you'd spend it in the add-on store so you actually did get something in return, but still!) Allowing donating by dollar amount instead of strictly by pledge-level, especially with the payment plans in place, seems like a smat business move in every sense.

5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

NirAntae: A very good argument for that suggestion ;)

Jambo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.