Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Patch 452 - Mac

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by mmikelas, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmikelas

mmikelas Avatar

Upon trying to take Patch 452 today, the launcher crashes. Upon restart it's downloading a full (clean/base) install of build 451 - "patch 0 -> 451". This has occurred on both a MacBook Pro and an iMac.

Following the unpacking and updating, the launcher restarted and then seemed to be able to update from patch 451 -> 452 without issue.

Two separate ISPs, no proxy, Firewall/AV disabled during patching, Core i7, 16G RAM on both machines, only app running, OS X El Capitan.

Was unable to reproduce the same behavior on a Win10 VM running on the same two machines so feels Mac specific.... The Win10 machines took the incremental patch without a hitch. Not sure if this was expected behavior on the Macs or if it should have been an incremental/differential update just from 451 to 452 like I've been seeing on the Macs.

2. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

The exact same thing happened on my Windows machine.

3. mmikelas

mmikelas Avatar

Patch logic seems to have issues... 452-453 required the FULL download/install on all four separate instances I play on - MacBook Pro, iMac, Win10 VM on each Apple device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.