1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fix Need Testing 68462] Belt of control descr. wrong and stats go awry at legendary+

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Broke, Dec 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broke

Broke Avatar

Since this is more of a item bug then a world bug I am guessing you do not need the but report template filled out. First the belt of control description is wrong it is a copy and paste of the discerption of the "Savage sash of swiftness. Second I have tested this by wearing different levels of the belt and confirm when the belts specs where designed the math on one "bonus" goes the wrong way in relationship to its related skill. If you look on the taming tree for "Obedience" you will see that the higher you raise the skill the larger the negative number gets. Causing your pet to flee less and for you to have more "control" over the pet. This translates to a -.75 gain per level in the skill. The common melt of control has the correct stats in which it gives the user of the belt a -15% bonus to the skill so with a common belt and level 130 skill you would get -115.5% health modifier preventing a chance for your pet to flee. The bug is instead of raising the - number as you level up your belt of control the number flips the other way this causes it to be a belt of "uncontrol" at legendary it gives +30 health modifier instead of -30 like it should. So at the same level 130 skill you would have -100.05% and +30% giving you a loss of 30 to the skill instead of a gain of 30. So it brings your health modifier to 70.5 % causing much less control of your pet and much more fleeing. If you have any more questions on this feel free to message me in the game and I can go into more detail, but if you just look at a common belt, uncommon, rare, legendary, and I am guessing Epic which I have yet to be able to get to see if that one is bugged as well you can see that the modifier is set to gain the wrong way since the skill itself is one of the few in the game that get a larger negative number while being raised higher. Also I have subbmitted a few bug reports now and never but my bug hunter title so it would be nice if someone could take the time to do that thankyou

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

The Bug Brigade Rides Again!

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Verified the item description is incorrect.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]+[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Looks like things are OK up until Legendary and Epic - that's when the math flips.
    Confirmed with output of /stats command also, so it's not just an error in the text.

No Belt:
    TameHealthLevelModifier: -1.31

Common:
    TameHealthLevelModifier: -1.46

Uncommon:
    TameHealthLevelModifier: -1.51

Rare:
    TameHealthLevelModifier: -1.56

Legendary:
    TameHealthLevelModifier: -1.01

Epic:
    TameHealthLevelModifier: -0.91

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  5. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 68462

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

changes to tier progression have patched and need testing. item description change is patch pending under 68825.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.