1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Fixed 70256] All planting area deco indicators z-fight with ground

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Raven Swiftbow, Feb 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

02/27/2022 10:38
    Title: Large Planting Area not visible with "Show Decoration Indicators" turned on
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No, but it might make it challenging to plant!
    Details:
    - I tried to place a Large Planting Area on a Town lot which was empty except for an airship home.
    - I was confused at first, until someone reminded me to turn on the "Show Decoration Indicators." (As a POT owner, one tends to run around with that option "off.")
    - With Show Decoration Indicators "on" I could see the invisible bed as I was moving it, but it disappeared as soon as I placed it.
    - I stepped off of the lot, and I could see the deco indicators pop up nearby - but not on this lot - *except* I very quick, flash of a green line here and there.
    - If I hover over the area where the bed was placed, I could see a square of the bed, but not the entire bed. Was this intended?
    [​IMG]

- Ah - after taking that screenshot, I tried to locate the planting 'slot' behind that first one and when I clicked (or did I double click?) the following showed up:
    [​IMG]

So - I was able to get it to work - but it is not very "intuitive" currently. Unfortunately, I'm not certain how this could be improved, but as a fairly seasoned 'decorator' I thought I should mention it. If it took me this long to figure it out....

Steps to Reproduce:
    - You can go through the steps I did above to see if it works the same way for you.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32590
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8012
    SotA.Win.64.1511.Date.02.24.22
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
    Area Display Name: Duanor
    Loc: (142.1, 58.0, -145.0)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgxNDIuMTA1LCA1Ny45OTksIC0xNDQuOTk5KXwoMCwgMC44NzMsIDAsIDAuNDg4KXw0NjcuOTY5fDE4LjgyMTM5fDQuMDQzMDkx

Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Raven Swiftbow, verified: these beds are z-fighting. the green is just a little too low and is overlapping with the ground texture, and the ground is mostly winning.

edit: expanding this report to all four sizes of planting area.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  3. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 70256

4. Raven Swiftbow

09/25/2022 12:45
    Title: Invisible Planting Beds too invisible
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    - I wished to plant 2 of the "in-the-ground" (i.e. invisible) planting beds with a specific pattern of colored roses
    - I had done this before, quite a while ago, and had no issues seeing where the planting 'squares' were located
    - But this time, the individual squares would only show up if I mouse-hovered over a square.
    - I had been advised that I should be able to see *all* the squares of the bed if I had my "Show Decoration Indicators" checked - but this did not work
    [​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce:
    - place an in-the-ground planting bed and watch it 'disappear' even if you have the Show Decoration Indicator button checked.

Addendum - first, I should have posted this in the "Crafting/Harvesting" thread - sorry!!!

Addendum 2 - I *can* see a square once it's planted and I've watered it. I had tried this before and I don't think it worked, but after logging out and back in I can now see the watered squares.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32590
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8012
    SotA.Win.64.1575.Date.09.05.22
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
    Area Display Name: Duanor
    Loc: (150.1, 57.9, -131.0)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgxNTAuMDkzLCA1Ny45NDIsIC0xMzEuMDA0KXwoMCwgLTAuNzEyLCAwLCAtMC43MDIpfDExMi4zMDAyfDUwLjQ2NjgxfDkuMzE3NDkz

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Have you tried enabling decoration indicators?

[​IMG]

6. Raven Swiftbow

Yes, that was the first thing we did. Justyn (er, I've forgotten her dev name) did extensive testing of this after seeing what was going on. She made a lot of notes, which she apparently hasn't had a chance to post yet.

She did discover that if you slew under the ground, you can see the beds.

7. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Ah ok - I'll leave this one to the deco expert :)

8. Alley Oop

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

03/18/2023 13:27
    Title: Plant areas don't stay above ground
    Blocker? No, but it makes them not worth using
    Details: I purchased and placed 50 large planting areas on a keep lot and then left to go get seeds. When I came back, all of them were clipping like crazy. I attempted to plant in a couple and area planting did not work correctly forcing individual planting on some. Individual planting is not a happy option with 1000 plants. I am not going to leave the lot like this, so I am going to make them work however painfully.

I think this is a lot issue because I am also missing some cheery leaf pavers near the big tree.

Please fix this.
    Steps to Reproduce: Set down a large planting area on lot. Watch it flicker, move it slightly and it will turn solid. Leave area and return and it is flickering again.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor (32) System RAM: 32683
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT GPU RAM: 16337
    SotA.Win.64.1642.Date.03.15.23
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Spite
    Area Display Name: Spite
    Loc: (238.3, 38.5, -98.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjVfQ2l0eV9TcGl0ZXx8KDIzOC4zMSwgMzguNDkxLCAtOTguNTMzKXwoMCwgLTAuNjA4LCAwLCAwLjc5NCl8NjI2Ljk0NTR8MTkuNjc1MTh8OS42NDk5OTc=

Edit: After attempting to plant them all. The difficulties in area planting lessened. I think the main issue is the flickering. Like i said above, there are paver missing near the tree which likely points to an uneven mesh on the lot itself.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
  10. Alley Oop

it's not a problem with the lot. the z-fighting of the planters was a known issue: merging this into that thread.

there was not an existing bug open for the cherry blossom paver z-fighting.

@DavidDC has fixed both and patch is pending. CL222782

Tahru likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This fixed the planters very nicely in the new release. Thank you!

DavidDC and Alley Oop like this.