Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Patcher Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 4 Feedback' started by Kabalyero Kidd, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this. Please accept my apology if I made a post in the wrong forum.

A couple of days ago I bought a founder's pack for EQN Landmark and made a pledge for Shroud of the Avatar because I wanted to check out both titles in advance.

Landmark installed, downloaded and patched itself quickly with no problems which was great.

As for Shroud of the Avatar, the game is still patching itself. The speed I'm getting in the launcher ranges from 0 to 10 kb/s. R4 weekend is over and I'm still not finish patching.

Is there a manual patch that I can download somewhere or is there a fully patched game client that I can download that needs no patching.

Please advise. Thanks.

2. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

If you download it the first time you should get the full client which patches itself later when new patches came out. The slow download speed occurs sometimes and is easy to change. Just restart the patcher and it should download faster.

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Thanks Sindariya. Yes, I downloaded the game client for R4 Weekend which is over, right? I assumed it was fully patched already but it wasn't. I've restarted the launcher many times these couple of days. Right now, the launcher is at 86.74% downloading at 0 kb/s and uploading at 0 kb/s.

4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

we had 2 patches over the weekend and normally it should at least have 100kb/s because the patcher gets not only his package direct from portalarium, it also searches for other seeds. If you have further problems please post it in the bug forum and there should be a logfile from the launcher which could give you or the devs infos about your trouble.

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Just to update this thread. After spending a few days downloading at a dismal speed, I found out that my ISP is having problems connecting to SotA's server. To fix the problem, I tunneled the launcher's connection through a VPN and now it's download speed jumps and down between 20 to 80kbps which is much higher than 0 to 10 kbps.

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'm trying to seed the patches without success... it takes 0... download is nice however.

7. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Finally, the launcher finished patching but the event is long over... huhuhu... T_T

8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Might want to make a new YouTube video so your viewers know the patcher works :p Anyways you can play on April 7th with us :D

9. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

^_^ Yes, I did. Uploaded a new video about it. Thank you. ^^

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.