Path of Love quest....totally confused

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Belladonna Rose, Nov 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I have gone through this quest up to Necropolis....after which told this is the end for now. Yet i see folks still talking about going to Malice and completing the Love Quest. I have no idea what all the stages/ steps are to complete this quest from beginning to end....or supposed end.
    If someone could direct me to somewhere that shows me all the steps from beginning to end i would appreciate it.
    I am on the understanding that the whole Ming part of the quest is a side quest and there fore has nothing to do with the Love quest. If i am wrong please clarify.
    Also that whole side quest to kill the lich in Ruined Keep in the Vale. I am uncertain on this one as well.

Side note: There has been discussion about allowing us to reset some quests and start over. If this is so when....and will that clear out our journal. I have quests in my journal that I know i have completed yet they dont disappear once done. And its hard to read through all the garbage in there. I think the journal and quest log should be in seperate books as its too confusing to go through them and check what is done and what is not.
    Thanks

Blake47, MindBlast, Almar and 2 others like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Ming used to be a side quest but according to release notes was changed to being a full part of the quest line in r35.

The quest reset would be a one time affair "at launch".

Some quests changed after getting them, if so journal garbage should be cleared by talking to giver or receiver again.

In some of the boss fights you only get resolution if you were close to the boss when it dies, if so it updates your journal - if it doesn't you need to go over again.

ManaPlow, Numa and Acred like this.
  3. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

You get a nice XP reward for beating Min Lin Tang and reporting back to the Lord and Lady. You also get the keystone to open up the Necropolis.

I am still stuck on the Crypt part. Not sure which dialogue for the NPCs tells you to go to Malice. The Hardened archers are challenging though!

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  4. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

As I understand this, the Love Quest is in the final 20% of polishing.
    Lord British in the recent SOtA Con said he was DAILY going through the quest from beginning to current completed spot to finish the quest and polish the spots not done. He said he was starting fresh each time with a new character to see problems with the quest. He also said, it was not finished yet but would be soon.

Here is a link to one of 4 of the videos about the Story.
    SotA Con – A Shroud of the Avatar Fan Convention – Nov. 4-6, 2016

Numa likes this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I am totally stuck with this quest at Malice. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm in the room just past the spider den, with Samael and a Ghost. I've clicked on as many words as I can find and nothing seems to advance the quest to the next stage. Does anyone have advise on what to do next?

[​IMG]

6. Webberan

Webberan Avatar

The guy zombie or whatever he is next to the skeleton will tell you to goto Malice. I think I asked about Anapa to get him to tell me. Took awhile to figure out and very frustrating.

After spending a lot of time on this I gave up and just went exploring. Samuel was waiting at the right place when I got there.

I just finished this quest a couple of days ago. I would suggest not doing it yet, there is a bug where you do not actually get the 100k exp. There is a thread for the bug.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Did he go down one of the corridors or did he stay in the central room with the ghost? For me, he just stays in the central room by the ghost (right after the spider room). I'm not sure if I'm supposed to travel down one of the spokes coming off the central room.

One of the spokes has a lich that kills me pretty fast. Another one has some hardened archers that kill me as well. the last one has a few spiders. I can hold my own in that one if I can pick them off one at a time. Is this where I should be looking for notes on skeletons? If so, I am completely underpowered to handle the mobs at level 46.

In any case, I'll likely hold off until they figure out the xp issue.

8. Webberan

Webberan Avatar

He will stay in the central room and magically show up where he needs to be. One of the spokes is the right one and has the skeletons you are looking for and the magic gate that needs to be opened.

I had trouble and died quite a few times at level 67.

Numa and Koldar like this.
  9. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

After killing Min Liang Tan, I talk to Siranto and Khasi, but there isnt a way to tell them he is dead

10. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

At what level should I be doing this quest? As a newbie I got sent to Adoris. After a few lines of dialog it sent me to the Tower of the whatever Eye which is a 5 skull area. Did I somehow skip sections? I'd forgotten about this quest at all until just opening this forum.

11. codedragon76

codedragon76 Avatar

The end part of this quest has way too high of a difficulty, especially for melee chars.

Koldar likes this.
  12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Tower of the Shuttered Eye: I attempted this one around level 25. After I died 5 times in a row, it granted me completion of that portion of the quest. I'm not sure if it still works that way.

Malice: As of right now, at level 48, I get slaughtered. They need to massively rebalance this dungeon so that single players can complete this in a reasonable amount of time.

13. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

On Tower, nope. At 50 I got the multifloor agro I've read about. Killed me twice. Managed to roam around up top and got destroyed by an orange skeletal mage twice. Pool completely emptied. Quest never updated. I'll wait a few dozen more levels.

14. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

about to head to the Malice leg of the journey. Quite sure i wont be successful but guess that is just part of fighting through the quest.

15. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

My current position:

I have made it into Malice via the Far Gate and past the spiders to meet Samael with the ghost of his dead love Muriel. I have talked to Samael and followed the conversation to restore his hope, however, the journal has not updated to go to the next part to kill Anapa

16. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This is simply frustrating to read. The quest part of SotA is lacking at every end. It is confusing, not really fun, basically nothing is happening or changing, for the world it doesn't matter if we do the quests or not, there is no flow to the story...

I mean, a five skull area right at the beginning of the story? Why? So that we have to grind?
    This is a five skull area because of the MMO part, so that MMO players have a challenging grinding area. And we see - again - that the MMO aspect of the game has a negative impact on the story/quest part... Simply disappointing and frustrating...

17. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

The love quest was working well 1 or 2 releases ago. I did it through to the end.

Since then it has obviously been tweaked and added to; I got one of those on screen prompts that I had to see Samael outside Malice. Really? So I went back there (transport over was OK, I had already been cleared from last time) Samael was there, with his ghostly wife. She wasn't there before (OK, new...). So I already had the gems that would drop the magical barrier, (there was no magical barrier anyway) I powered through (knew what to do...), there was Anapa again, killed him again, went to see Sequanna and found a glitch. I strongly suspect it was because I already have the Heart of Sorrows in my inventory - she couldn't give it to me so the sequence couldn't run. Not worried about the XP bonus (I got it last time - woohoo), would just like to clear the job list. So I'm still supposed to talk to Samael and release his sorrow, asking about the ring. He just tells me to talk to Sequanna.

I think it will work better if I clear the main quests at launch and run through them from the start again. @Chris can you confirm this please?

Almar likes this.
  18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

And your specific suggestions for improvement?

19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Dear fans of SotA Quests :)

I did two of the mainpaths (love, courage) before R41. I just did the end of the truth path with R41.
    And at the moment I have a lot of entries on screen, which I made before ...

@Lord_Darkmoon I understand, what you care about ...
    And here are some suggestions of me @Beaumaris

At first, please, don't forget: The questbook screen prompts were integrated new, so I don't wonder about.
    To test, if they do right, a person should start new from beginning and do the whole questline.
    This would show 2 things: if the screen prompts (and the current tasks also!) will clear correct - and: is the player has a chance to do the quest by going forward ...

I really hope, this will be tested at least with R43, because with July we all can reset the mainpaths and do them again.
    And at this point the remaining errors should occur and could be polished :)

Well, and as I wrote before, I would be pleased to have the entries of each mainpath in a separate Chapter as
    I Path of Truth
    II Path of Courage
    III Path of Love

At this moment I would advise every NEW player to do the quests in this order.
    Why?
    Because not as much fights in the Truth quest. More fights in the Courage quest. And most and hardest fights in the Love quest ...

For this I understand, that a newbie receives the strongest Character with beginning the Love Quest ("Ranger" and "Bow"),
    and weakest Character with beginning the Truth Quest ("Mage" and "Sword")

I researched it in these threads:
    Unbalanced Abilities/Skills for NEW Players starting main path
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...players-starting-main-path.85201/#post-785294
    3 Answers for our destiny ... Shouldn't they have a meaning to us and the game?
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...meaning-to-us-and-the-game.85027/#post-784647
    3 serious answers kicked by choosing the path of the Ranger, Fighter, or Mage in a classless system?
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...mage-in-a-classless-system.85026/#post-784646

I really hope, the quests will give every NEW player the same amount of Skills AND items.
    And also the possibility to choose this weapon they prefer: Bow, Blade, Bludgeon, Pole ...

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Alexander and Stundorn like this.
  20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Does someone have a complete walk through for the path of love?

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.