Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Path of Truth - Aerie Blacksmith Does Not Update

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Poison Ivy, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

1. Title: Path of Truth - Aerie Blacksmith Does Not Update
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? no.
    4. Details: I am on the Path of Truth questline. Kyle Behrand is the current step. I am supposed to take a bonesteel dagger to him to identify. I hail him and say bonesteel, go through his flavor text that tells me to take the dagger to the elves in Vertas. The quest journal itself does not update, so going to Vertas has no effect.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Do just what I said. For some reason, I have two bonesteel daggers in my inventory.
    6. User Specs: Intel Core i7-6700K, video card is EVGA GTX 960 SC ACX 2.0 4GB running driver 375.95, MSI Z170I GAMING PRO AC (MS-7980) motherboard, 16 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro
    [​IMG]

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Interesting... when Kyle tells you to go to Vertas that should have updated your quest. I think you may have managed to confuse Kyle into thinking he's already sent you there (can't see the whole dialog but if you got only a couple sentences instead of a couple paragraphs when asking about Boreas that's why).

I'll update his dialog so that he'll always advance that part of the quest if you have the dagger on you, regardless of if he thinks he's told you or not. You should then be able to talk to Kyle, ask him about Boreas, and get the task cleared and the next one added.

3. OptikTank

OptikTank Avatar

I have this same quest and for m e Kyle is not even named and it only shows "blacksmith" and only gives me the option to buy from him - not a quest dialog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.