Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Path of truth complete (SPOILER ALERT)

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Gurney2, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

You shouldnt be here if you dont want to be spoiled !

Are you sure you want to stay .... ok let's go !

About the quest mechanics:

to resume: it's just: go to a town , find the right npc, talk to the npc, go to next town, rince and repeat until Artifice. Indications in the journal are very vague. It's very hard to retrieve the main quest dialogue if you ask Something that was not scheduled (in the dialogue of the npc). So just go from point A to point B type of quest .... I expected Something more acomplished, complex. In Artifice, same thing but just with 3 npc.... I expected combat but no , Nothing... In fact the only difficulty resides in finding the good npc.

About the story:

Good intrigue. I was happy to put Perri on the right path hehe.
    You are forced to kill children and you witness torture scenes !! Be very carefull with that because this is definately not pg 14 but at least pg 16 or even 18 !! So prepare your lawyers, some parents could prosecute you (no joke). I was chocked and surprised that dev dared to show that, i like it. It's good to see daring things hehe.
    So to resume, good story and screenplay .

Bugs and glitches:

If you dont clic on the right word (in a dialogue) the npc may just lose track of the quest and respond that he doesnt know.

Some npc in Artifice are invisible ( you can see their names or function like "victim" but not the avatar).

To conclude:

Story rich but poor quest mecanics make that experience boring (sadly). I spent more time running and trying to find the right npc than the rest. There are countless number of LOADING SCREENS! Most of the towns were Under siege (which just double the number of loading screens). This is very frustrating.
    The rewards were Worth the effort. The crown is beautyfull (and effective) and 100k xp are allways welcome.
    There is a visual bug (but i like it, dont remove it) with the bonesteel crown: even if you are not wearing it, from time to time the special effect is still on (overlapping your actual hat).
    So all in all , if you do that quest steady and more rp (like stopping in taverns and play music ;) ) you might really enjoy it (i enjoyed it). Just forget it if you want to rush.

PS: quest was done solo.

matpsch likes this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I had the exact same feeling and I hope that the polish pass will bring some variety. @Lum the Mad already said that we could expect some changes in this quest line, and after what I saw, I'm inclined to trust him. :D

@Lord British this is for you, as I know the childrens thing is YOUR idea :rolleyes: :
    I just want to tell something about the kids. I really loved that part. I walked on the trap accidentaly when I was trying to open the gate.

I really had a bad feeling after I saw what happened. I mean : REALLY, REALLY BAD FEELING. That's why I loved this : for a short time, I felt great guiltiness. I even tried to minimize, pretending those children were only illusions created by the elves. I almost forgot that it was a game. The immersion was total at this precise moment.

But then I heard that you could not avoid to kill the childrens anyway.

@Lord British If you didn't manage to do that already, I think you should consider a very difficult (or costly, maybe like for dread artifacts) way to save the lives of the childrens.

Because, currently, it's not a big deal when you cannot do anything for them. You will remember but that's all. If you have the choice, things get different.

Take me as an exemple : I killed them accidentaly. If I had been able to save them, it would have been worse for me. I had no intent to kill them and I would have not been able to save them. How can I feel guilty anymore ?

As for the previous room. There is no way to fight those who are torturing unwilling people. I don't care for the satyrs ! I want to have the choice !

By the way I wonder if some evil avatars tried to loot the children corpses. :eek:

matpsch likes this.
  3. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

I was able to avoid killing any children during my adventures through Artifice :)

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, you are never forced to kill children, and NPCs will remark on your choices.

Sometimes blindly rushing forward isn't the best thing to do...

Hornpipe and idaniod like this.
  5. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

My bad .... erm .... but i must admit i enjoyed Killing them ... Muhahaha . To add some more shocking, it would be perfect if there was a sound like a child or baby cry when you trigger the trap.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem here is that it's a very hard to see square on the floor. I accidentally stepped on it before I even saw the children. If you want it to really be a choice then it should be a lever that you have to double click to activate and not some accident.

BTW, this is the only story related thing that actually made me angry.

7. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Yes but, if you do that, you will prevent accidentally killing, which would be a shame.

@Lum the Mad Great job then and yes, I was running fast so it's my fault, but NPC noticed this as a choice while it was just... clumsiness.

And you still have to let us kill all the satyrs and the rascals who torture innocent people, now. I want more *virtuous killing spree* (new concept), please :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.