Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] pavers lead to multiple scaling issues

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Alioth, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

SO... I found a number of what at first seemed to be unrelated scaling issues on my Mount Midir deco lot after the scaling came out in R65, but I think I might have it at least tracked to basically one bug and how to reproduce. I had initially logged in, made a bunch of deco changes, and the next time I logged back in, everything was bugged weirdly. It took me a while to track down what had happened. Here's what I've got figured out so far:

1. Lay a paver down. (works with giant polished inlaid marble paver, and small LB paver, probably others)
    2. Scale it up or down
    3. Put something on top of it
    4. Log out (exit to menu)
    5. Log back in -- voila, your item you placed on the paver is now bugged (scaled incorrectly up or down), as are any items stacked on top of it.

A few notable quirks about this bug
    - the scaling only changes after logging in out. I logged in with both primary and second account to check, and it renders bugged changes for either account after they log out and back in, as well, but not before.
    - If you shrink the paver, the scaling increases for the item stacked initially on the paver, but subsequent items in the stack seem to alternate between scaled up or scaled down (not really sure what the logic is here)
    - If you enlarge the paver, the scaling shrinks for first item, then enlarges for subsequent, then alternates all the way up)
    - affects scaling of even non-scaleable items

Visit my lot in Mount Midir if you want to see the bugs in action. I will leave them for a little bit in case you want to see them live.

While I'm sure these could be worked around by players for some interesting deco possibilities, I am certain they were not intended.

Edit: based on other reports, may be a problem with any stack of items, not just pavers, though pavers propogate the problem quite a lot : )

04/27/2019 07:53
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100% with above technique
    Blocker?
    Details: see above
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16244
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.959.Date.04.26.19
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Mount Midir
    Area Display Name: Mount Midir
    Loc: (44.0, 78.0, -95.7)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8TW91bnQgTWlkaXJ8KDQzLjk5MiwgNzcuOTk1LCAtOTUuNzQpfCgwLCAwLjc0NCwgMCwgMC42NjkpfC0zNDUuNDkwOHwxMy44MzcyNXwxNS42

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Lained and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

1. Title: Scaled items don't preserve their scale when stacked.
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: No.
    4. Details: I stacked four replenishing firework boxes atop one another that had all been reduced to their smallest size after relogging their sizes had changed depending on their stacking order.

[​IMG]

Although their appearance changed the internal index of their size was preserved i.e. it looks like a normal box but has the scale value of the smallest thus I could increase the size beyond (right) it's max scaled range (left).

[​IMG]

It only does allows the max range to be exceeded once, you can't keep relogging in the hope of a house sized box, I tried. :(
    1. Steps to Reproduce: Shrink four items to the smallest size, stack them and then relog.
    2. User Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4) System RAM: 16284
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
      SotA.Win.64.961.Date.04.27.19
      Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Wharfs
      Area Display Name: Brittany Wharfs
      Loc: (273.5, 38.1, 608.8)
      Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9XaGFyZnN8fCgyNzMuNDU3LCAzOC4xMDMsIDYwOC44KXwoMCwgMC43MTEsIDAsIDAuNzAzKXw5MC43NTM0NnwzMi4yNzczfDEuMjU=​

Alioth likes this.
  3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Issue #64694

Lained likes this.
  4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

This seems to have been fixed in today's patch. Thank you!

Alioth and Lained like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.