PaxLair Player Owned Town Scene Design and Test

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Do I smell a player-owned town poll coming up? :-D

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The idea is brilliant. I would buy a pack for sure. It even makes the smallest PoT effective. And you are able to creat a unique feel.

3. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

That would be great. If they were able to provide a UI that let's us allocate this on-the-fly within a city zone that would be best. ;-)

The mechanic would work for any sized building being placed within a larger lot imo. E.g. rows within a town/ city, or villages with a city lot.

Really hard to know that. I like the built up feel of row lots, they seem fun but that doesn't mean that many in the community want to buy them / live in them. I dont know too many people at that level, since most people in the POT sub-forum are higher pledge levels. I'd like to allocate a lot of space for row / village lots since I think there will be a lot of players at that level.

One thing which is common in MMOs is the tendency to skip a low level item and save up for a higher level item. Especially if the higher level item is perceived to be a lot better. Hard to know if that is the case here.

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Did you ever visit a 4 story row house (i am sure you did ^^)?
    They are HUGE. By far the best price/room relation i have seen so far. Appart from the very high pledge tires ofc.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So far going by the stats alone there are 1000 row lots from pledge and addons.
    At the same time there are about 2500 village lots.

Now if we look in the addon store and the trend for ancestor and assume the addon store will sell out then we might see about 2300 row lots and 3000 village lots at release (unless people upgrade faster in the end to town lots).

But what I think is that lots of village lots will have a row house in them. That seems to maximize the space/footprint ratio.

Themo Lock and Jatvardur like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Also remember that the numbers you're looking at are pledge accounts... Presumably, hopefully, that will only be a small fraction of the launch player base. Row houses will be the 'entry level' of the housing market, and are likely to have a high demand post launch.

7. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

What Spoon said. ^

The perception might not be that they are good value for money even if they mathematically are. However....

I hope so too!

Miracle Dragon and Themo Lock like this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I am not talking about "bang for your bucks". Well, not only. Let us be honest here....most of the floor plans of our backer houses could need....some.....improvement....
    The 4-rowhouse belongs to the best you can get.

9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I love them, but still have many gripes with row houses. The amount of available space could be much, much more, with a couple of architectonical changes.

Themo Lock likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Well, my calcs was for pledge + addons, based on Dallas stat dump + the store info. Hence the comment about the store selling out.
    The only other way to receive Row lots would be in game gold. But Port have said that those would be limited and spread out over time so as to not run dry come launch. So those stats are pretty much it at start if the current trends holds.

Also the in game gold will likely mirror the distribution of lots that is already there. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 1:1 ratio of Row and Village.
    Either way I don't think the entry to the house market will function like you hint at.

Miracle Dragon and Themo Lock like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It's enough to check out the addon store where you can compare buying row to village at double price for quadruple space.
    Or pledges where again you get double price for quadruple size.
    So if one is allowed to place Row house on Village lot...and there is the possibility of the 'flexible housing'.
    It doesn't make Row deeds mathematically attractive. Which I think is the point.

Jatvardur and Themo Lock like this.
  12. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Ah! So you've actually calculated and articulated my thoughts. I hadn't done the heavy lifting but could smell that something was off, and this time for a more obvious reason than just perception. I wrote out a long-winded email to some community folks about the need to boost row lots by boosting those pledge rewards. Over-reward those levels such that they are the best buy; as rewards roll upwards then the higher level backs won't be put out.

13. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i really like the one on the far right. gives you some line of sight issues during pvp, and gives that one lot a lot of yard space that the pot owner can put a statue or graveyard or somethign in there..

Maethar likes this.
  14. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

I just wanted to voice my support behind this. I think this a great idea, and I would think that once these lot placement templates are created they could just easily be dropped in as the snapped grid. Like others said, this really helps the neighborhoods and ultimately the POTs feel more unique. Great idea Spoon! I hope to see this implemented.

Miracle Dragon and Atogrim like this.
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Don't you think that's the wrong approach?
    Don't get me wrong, i am all fine with boosting lower pledges. Thats not the point.
    My point is the argument: you need to spend a lot of of money to get a town lot or even a city lot.
    Almost everybody in this forum spended a lot of money for this game because we want it to become real. And that's all cool and froody.
    People that join this game after release won't see a reason to spend roughly 500$ in average.
    They will be happy to have a row lot.

16. Numa

Numa Avatar

Agreed, it's economical in that sense and the basement expansion is pretty good too.

Miracle Dragon and Atogrim like this.
  17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yupp.
    Plus: I have the feeling my 4-rowhouse plus the 2 story basment from the navi pledge offer me more space than my edelmanns house + the one story basement.
    But that's a story for another day i guess. Just wanted to point out that row houses seem underrated by parts of the active community.

Numa, Miracle Dragon and RDouglas like this.
  18. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

You want to entice the row lot range since it has the potential to be wider in both dollar terms and number of players. That is less likely to happen at the $500 level. So yes I'd accept a lower number of future $500 level pledges in favour of a far greater number of dollars brought into the game via an incredibly attractive lower pledge level. Players that want to spend $500+ will do so anyway in many cases, there are many reasons (titles, more land(!), vendors, other rewards, plus add-on store items --- no shortage of reasons to spend); we have a fairly healthy mount of them and while attracting more will increase overall funding, I see greater future investment at the lower pledge range (especially if they are very attractive). I.e. get people who could spend the money but currently haven't spent the money by offering a compromise of increased investment with far better rewards than they currently receive (at an even lower pledge level).

19. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

But one thing has to be considered. With housing space limited in the realm, most people will jump at living 'somewhere' as soon as possible, rather than waiting for something bigger, because they'll be worried that by the time they can afford something bigger, the space will be gone. This fact tells me row lots will be extremely popular in the early game, and will continue to be as long as housing remains a scarce resource.

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

All wrong

You all said each lot has to be able to accommodate a City Space for Planning

All you did was place Row lots INTO your city lots.

You CANNOT have both - you need to plane a space for 556 LOTs, which according to all your thinking needs to be City lots, but since you are not ther developers and are just trying to work it out pretty much anything you say is ????

Have fun planning your Met for R17 once it hits we will once again see how well it is received and hopefully get some more direction FROM the devs and not a middleman.

And again sure you can fit 12 Row houses in a City Space, but the that is NOT planning for a City lot for each lot is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.