PaxLair PoT in Early Release - events, news, housing, open to communities

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Winfield, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

PAXLAIR MEETINGS - TWICE ON SUNDAYS - DOUBLE THE FUN ?!

8:30 AM CT (US) and 7:00 PM CT (US) -- Dallas or Chicago time in the US.
    1330 GMT and midnight GMT

Open to ALL

Use https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ to convert to your time zone

Use Avatars Circle Calendar to see the events each day too.

We are having two meetings so people from around the globe can attend one or the other meeting. Feel free to attend both if you like; the discussions will be similar, but a bit different too.

We conduct our meetings in game and over TeamSpeak 3. We encourage people to at least listen on TS3 as that will speed up things.

We start in PaxLair at the Downtown Bridge, then move to a meeting location in PaxLair or one of our boroughs.

/zone Winfield

Acred, Gaelis and Themo Lock like this.
  2. Winfield

We had a GREAT Sunday morning (US Time) PaxLair meeting, the first as we now have TWO PaxLair meetings per Sunday each week.

We rapidly talked and had ideas in Teamspeak increasing the amount of information and conversation about 6X the speed of text chat. Not all people could talk, but all could listen.

We toured more of the physical changes and establishments in PaxLair and Lockbrier. The landscape of businesses and our boroughs are changing nearly daily right now. I only have a map of the main PaxLair town to offer at present:

[​IMG]
    Use Ctrl-F5 to refresh your browser cache if you don't see all the numbers in the map that are listed below.
    • Red Star - PVP Arena Basements (Castle, City, Town, Village)
    • 1 - BEAR Tavern
    • 1 - PaxLair Furniture Company
    • 1 - PaxLair Coffee Shop (Minerva) for daily Breakfast Club gatherings!
    • 2 - Obsidian Towers (Town and Village)
    • 3 - Central Park and Row House any "Resident" may occupy
    • 4 - PaxLair Cargo Ship
    • 5 - Crafting Pavilion with Vendors and Crafting Stations
    • 5 - Row Houses that any "Resident" may occupy
    • 6 - Adobe Fortress for the PaxLair groups and guilds from Old Britannia
    • 7 - Town Market and Cargo Off-loading location
      • expanded for a Town Communication Center (notes, cache boxes, hangout spots)
      • expanded to test transitioning deco across lots more organically
    • 8 - Blue Roof Inn (already owned lots, can be assigned out to people without lot deeds)
    • 9 - Bridge with Teleport locations to other Boroughs of PaxLair:
      • Wagon - Tenakill
      • Sewer Cover - Dragons Watch (PVP)
      • Boat - Serenity Isle
      • Sewer Cover - Sea Nymph Grotto
      • Wagon - Lockbrier
    • 10 - Wishing Well Bakery
    • 11 - Future location of the Memorial Cemetery
    • 12 - Fishhook Lake Pub and Park
    We are growing in a manner called "organically" meaning, we grow as people have ideas, want to do things and move in. We have placed about 55% of our metropolis lot marker square footage with the Dynamic Lot Placement tool. We have much more to create.

We have outbound PoT to PoT locations at the downtown bridge, and are working on defining how/where those markers go to to help the Developers for our town cluster/nested towns. We have 9 PoTs in our town cluster for PaxLair.

There is much to do, and we will have another PaxLair meeting tonight (Sunday at 7 PM CT) and Fishing with Winfield after that!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  3. Gurney2

Gurney2 Avatar

Hi there, i started decorating but i think we should have a meeting with all the inn crew to group ideas and materials.

Acred likes this.
  4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

So many news in Paxlair! Sorry for being absent(ish) during this period. I'd really return to Paxlair, but:

1) Summer! Sun, sea, pool, fun in open air, kids, etc.

2) Lockbrier! My rent-free is for my guild town.

3) Money! I know, I know, there's a long line of people able and wanting to give money away. But I want to do it myself. So, thank you, but I want to gauge my ability (or lack thereof) to earn and gain resources on my own, including lot/house deeds. At the moment I have a grand total of 13 gp. And somehow I enjoy I have to be careful with my spending spree.

4) I really feel the effect of the New Britannia Great Wall (NBGW).

What you say? You don't know it? It's a name I just made up! :D

It describes the huge rift created between the two main areas of the game:

- Hidden Vale + Perennial Coast (the south)

- Everything else (the north)

and separated by the two choke points Brightbone Pass and Eastreach Gap. The world has been basically split in two (that's by design!), and more and more of my time is spent in the more active areas of the game - namely the southern ones. Owl's Head is still the world center. On the south of the great wall there's enough content to NOT miss the northern side. The higher end areas, especially as gathering, still are too hard and time consuming for me, so I won't wander in the shardfalls anytime soon, when my forestry/mining chance is still very low.

This means that I zone back to my home in Lockbrier only when strictly needed, and miss the most social aspect of the game, because it's been relegated in a mostly inactive corner of our world.

Things will change when more stuff will be doable in the north. But so far, the Paxlair cluster is "far from everything" to be as compelling as in R17-19.

Acred and calkano (PAX) like this.
  5. Winfield

There's an Air Ship in PaxLair now! Release 21. It will be our "shipping hub" to test commerce shipping with other towns.

Anyone wanting to get involved, just let me or Sean Silverfoot know! See everyone at PaxLair Working Hours on Saturday at 9 AM CDT (US), 1400 GMT.

6. Miskabel Terferra

Miskabel Terferra Avatar

Great news!!

Acred and Winfield like this.
  7. Acred

Acred Avatar

I did see the magnificent airship this Friday morning, as well as many other additions. I am thrilled by the Dragonbones and so happy it is near my Wishing Well Bakery.

I shall be away from home on Saturday - but hope to see some or all of you ingame on Sunday.

Winfield likes this.
  8. Stealthy

Stealthy Avatar

Hey Winfield would you happen to have a blank map of your POT? I have the same template and I wanted to make a list of houses and post it on my website. Thank you!
    WW

9. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

As far as the shipping goes Winfield or Sean. I am all into that one. Plan on having both of my metro's heavily involved with the nautical side of the game. Have a ton of ideas.

I know it is at least one episode early, but it will be the future for sure. Just hoping this flying balloon ship doesn't ruin the business before it even gets started. Need some help testing ideas, let me know, will throw in my real world xp. Might be useful or maybe just a pile of poo-poo .........:eek:

10. Winfield

I had a blank version that had NPC buildings in it, and carved them out. Portalarium may have maps of each template (with and without flat area outlines). If we find such maps, they should go on SotAWiki.net too, in high rez.

[​IMG]

Click here to download the 10 MB PNG version.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Acred likes this.
  11. Stealthy

Stealthy Avatar

Thank you very much!

Winfield likes this.
  12. Winfield

Hail everyone with PoTs in our PaxLair Cluster (including residents, or anyone not in PaxLair cluster with a good opinion) ...

Our PaxLair cluster/nested PoTs' connections are not correct yet (start/end points), some islands allow bypassing what appears to be a future Control Point near PaxLair, and we don't all have our templates for our PoTs yet.

I mainly need to know... do we have any sense of urgency to get connections fixed? I know that Starr said PoTs are not finalized yet and options will continue to grow/change especially for Dynamic PoTs.

So I think, we don't need to put in bug reports yet for our PoT connections as long as we can reach all our PoTs for pre-alpha testing? What do you folks think?

OH, I suggest all PaxLair owners, stewards, residents, guildmasters, deputies, chefs, fishermen!, and anyone interested ... please follow this forum thread with email too (unfollow then follow again and select with email). We will be using this thread more for communication alerts in the weeks and months ahead. Please pass the word.

Thanks!

13. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I don't see it as an issue until each of our POT's are in their correct choice of template. then we can give exact coordinates for or connections.

IMHO

14. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@Katrina Bekers
    But that's the whole point of this choke point thing ;-)

15. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

True.

But only when we will have NPCs on both sides! Now with Desolis is clearly better...

Atogrim and Mata like this.
  16. Winfield

We have a CALL FOR GRANITE in PaxLair -- please help!
    Reach @Kacey please

@Kacey is building a new graveyard for us in PaxLair! It is a design test for Halloween as well!
    The graveyard is SW of downtown near the dragon bones in PaxLair on 2 village and 1 town lot.
    He can use more kindred on the lots to help if anyone wants to join him.

Anyone who can donate some Granite or help in other ways, please reach @Kacey.

Thanks everyone!
    Winfield​

Acred, Kit Kimberlin and Kacey like this.
  17. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

Granite, Trees, Some Wood, Knowledge, Know How, Ideas, Crypts, Bones, Skulls ...

Acred likes this.
  18. Acred

Acred Avatar

Somebody turned the PaxLair Dragonbones monument around 180 degrees and its tail has fallen across the road and nearly onto my Wishing Well. It looks great, if a bit ominous! Who knew even their skeletons could move. :D

Kacey, Trelass Selarts has some Small Odd Skulls for you (and could provide more) and either Blue Spruce or Puzzle Trees which you may use for this Release.

I've a bit of wood and some granite, but I sure could use the crafting XP, if you would let me know what you can use that I might craft from those.

19. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

currently toying around with ideas and materials. could use small stone pavers and 1X stone blocks in various sizes. trees, crypts and bones

20. Kacey Cupcakes

Kacey Cupcakes Avatar

Currently I have placed a great deal of stuff on property. Feel free to take a look at the three lots. I am now in research phase. If you visit Owl's Nest, please grab Odd Skulls from the table in the bottom of the mine. If you or someone you know participates in PVP, I can use Skulls, Jawbones and Hands. I can also use ideas for an "Ancient Graveyard" or the sinister/spooky evil basement. Still have room for more trees. @Manerd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.