PAXSouth Jan 12-14, 2018 San Antonio, TX

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Winfield, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

See: http://south.paxsite.com/

PAXSouth
    Jan 12-14, 2018
    San Antonio, TX

[​IMG]

San Antonio PAXSouth facts:
    • 2 hours from Austin TX
    • Attended in the past by Portalarium Developers (this time??)
    • Great Riverwalk!
    • San Antonio Mission Tours
    • Great fishing in nearby rivers and lakes! FISH!
    • 3-day Passes go FAST!!!

@Berek and I attended last year (January 2017) and had a blast at the event AND in San Antonio. There are many great panels, exhibits and parties from sun up to ... sun up! Staying at a downtown hotel on/near the Riverwalk in walking distance is definitely the way to go.

Last year at a PAXSouth Panel, I learned about Game Publishing (and its challenges) - go figure ... so I learned a lot and appreciate how Portalarium is now getting ready to publish SotA Episode One.

Let's use this message thread to organize this once-a-year adventure to a great place, see great people, learn great things, and have great fun! Did I mention there is great fishing too!

I will also set up some Meetup.com gatherings in San Antonio before/after/during PAXSouth as best I can. I use the Shroud of the Avatar Gatherings - Austin meetup site: https://www.meetup.com/Shroud-of-the-Avatar-Gatherings-Austin/

Reply with ideas here ... and/or PM me too! I'll also keep this OP updated as we go forward.

Thanks!
    -- Winfield

PAXSouth 2015 -- Portalarium had a booth! Great fun!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Too. Many. People!

Winfield likes this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

For a moment I wondered which guild's meeting this was. Then I remembered what PAX South was and that I got my weekend pass weeks ago when it opened. Also... January? Wow, they've been March-ish so far.

If anyone is planning to go, sign up now. 3-day and Saturday passes will run out weeks before it happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.