Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[PELICAN]

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Beolthain, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bom

Bom Avatar

Sometimes when I get the Pelican error, I think maybe when the game begins losing connection and then attempts to reload the scene, my mouse cursor also disappears from the game screen making it impossible to close without ending the task in the Task Manager. Pressing Alt-F4 only results in the exit confirmation box coming up but I cannot click on it. Attempting to close the window in the Taskbar has the same result. I tried pressing the spacebar, Enter, Alt-Q, and Q to try to confirm that I wanted to quit but those didn't work either. Is there a key that does work?

[​IMG]

2. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

@Bom - I get the same behaviour - I just stop the game client in task manager to quit at that point.

Bom likes this.
  3. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Thank you all for the info on these occurrences.

Cheers,
    Julyn

4. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Ok - update to my situation. In my case this appears to have been ISP related. Coincidentally I have just switched from fask.co.uk to Zen Internet (both UK based ISPs).

On the old connection the game was unstable, lots of disconnects, unable to play on multiplayer mode for any length of time (played solo online most of the time but still with disconnects, the network issues icon appearing etc). Gameplay was laggy - esp stuff like harvesting would take a few seconds to start, end etc.

On the new connection its been solid on multiplayer all day, gameplay seems lag free...

5. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Thank you again for updating us!

Cheers,
    Julyn

6. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Since the latest release I've noticed I no longer seem to be getting potential network problems when I enter central Brittany. As I have also noticed my friends who would constantly disconnect when entering central alone are now experiencing a happy gaming experience without the pelican. I have noticed I get potential network problems in owls head. Does central Brittany now have its own hosted server? Thanks

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.