Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Penmawr Island: The hidden chest should be way more obvious IMO.

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by twofoldsilence, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I just played through the Penmawr Island Map yesterday through today, and for the life of me I couldn't find the hidden chests even though I found all the maps. My friend helped me find two, but the next day he wasn't playing, and I searched the general location where the 3rd chest was supposed to be for a good 2 hours without any luck, so I finally had to break down and look at the spoiler at https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...sure-hunts-spoilers.61625/page-4#post-1014448 to finally find Jen's chest, and it still took me a good 30 minutes, which is ridiculous IMO. The hidden locations where these chests are really need to be more obvious (e.g. obvious discoloration of sand, some grassy plants/tree/rope/broken pottery/etc. near/on it) IMO, or at least have a larger hot spot, as I felt like I was playing an awful adventure game from the 90s where you had to mouse over the whole screen just to find the one pixel hotspot. At first I thought this puzzle was going to be fun, but it ended up just being frustrating. By the way, it may be easier for some people due to how they play. E.g. I play zoomed almost all the way in with the cross hairs cursor as my main cursor, and boy do I have to slow down to find it even though I now know where it's at. Also, what's with all the well hidden/empty chests. At least, put some treasure in them if I need to climb mountains to find them. OK. The one I needed to climb a mountain to find had treasure, but the rest were empty/Chest Mimics, which is very unsatisfying to say the least.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Chatele like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.