1. This forum section contains Blog style threads from the Developers, and/or threads with details about what they have been working on, previews of upcoming content, and sometimes backstory associated with the content. Players are permitted to reply to these threads if the developer has indicated it is permissible by leaving the thread unlocked. Please note that TOS applies, and any abuse or trolling will be moderated.
    Dismiss Notice

Perennial Coast Improvements

Discussion in 'Developer Work and Blog posts' started by Sea-Wolf, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Here are a few addition screenshots of some of the adventure zones in The Perennial Coast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

I chose the three headed Torii because I think it looks cool :) . I could understand if this usage with the statue wasn't common, however I'm referencing Japanese statues which integrate Torii. Admittedly, none use them as a backdrop the way I do. Most of them place the Torii on the head of the statue or directly in front of it irl. I like your explanation though of Sequanna as the Guardian, and the tree as the subject of the Torii.

In China, the stone lions are actually dogs (I didn't even know they used them in japan. Interesting). They are guarding the entrance to a garden within the village. I think it will make more sense for you once you see it in the map.

I took some creative liberties to make something that I thought would be more visually appealing. If this bothers anyone, try to remember that New Britannia is not Asia, and may have some cultural differences.

3. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Nice work! This looks awesome. Out of curiosity, are Player Run Towns (PRT) part of the make over or do they keep generic templates?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Michael Hutchison has added some new walls to Solania for us. Check them out below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sea-Wolf

Sea-Wolf Avatar

Only very minor changes will occur in PRT's, to avoid causing bugs. You will notice some differences in the exit arches and lanterns, and eventually, vegetation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.