Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Performance "Improvements" and BatchIt

Discussion in 'Release 68 Feedback' started by Bedawyn, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

So far, this release has been hell for me -- constant hitches and crashes and server disconnects, and my framerate has dropped precipitously. I thought I heard Chris say on one of the streams that the "improvements" this release were supposed to be better for people with low RAM, but experience is telling me otherwise, and I can't remember which stream it was even if I had time to listen over again.

There's been some talk on the stream about a /batchit command, but I missed the beginning of that discussion, which was essential for making sense of the rest of it. Could anyone who knows the details fill the rest of us in? It was supposed to be something to improve performance, but only would work for some people in some circumstances, and I never caught which ones it was supposed to work for and who needed to avoid it.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't remember the target systems either, but it's a one-off per scene load, so you can try it out and just exit if it's not useful to you. you can pull up a debugging console with an fps meter with /debug.

Bedawyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.