Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Permission Change - not well thought out

Discussion in 'Release 68 Feedback' started by Chirp, Jul 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

I think this change is not well thought out, and breaks a lot of usage patterns. And gives a hell of griefing possibilities!

1. Before, several ppl could have sub ownership, and could place things. What they did not want to be others of that group to pick up, set to private (extra flag). Possibility gone! Griefing between peers.
    2. Why the heck do we only have two levels of move permission? I dont want everyone who needs basic access to a lot (to use a community vendor for example) to wreck havoc on my deco! Maximum griefing possibility.
    Most important thing - please fix this ASAP and add the missing deco move levels!
    3. Ownership - see the posts by others in the 'Decorating Hell' thread. Griefing about who owns what. Before, if you own a thing, place it as tenant, all set.

and probably more that i am not thinking of right now.

The previous method clearly separated ownership and permissions. This change is a dangerous mix!

Also: If you make such changes, that require ppl to change each and every item on a lot, please also add a mass update facility. Do you really want us to manually adapt thousands of individual items? Please think again.

.. now we can really play chess. Oh nice. All that hassle for this? *shakes head*

Kaffien and Feeyo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.