Permissions for Multiple Roommates

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Jason_M, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hello friends. I have a question about making individual containers only accessible to individual roommates.

I would like to share my home with my friends, but I would like to give each of them private and secure storage.

Currently, all the storage containers that I want available are marked "kindred."

How can I make individual containers exclusive to individual players?

Thank you for your help :)

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I think the easiest way for you to do that might be with door permissions and not individual container permissions. If you assign each of your roommates a room with a door, they can use the tenant permissions to have individual containers inside the rooms. Storage container permissions are based on permission classes like owner, co-owner and kindred, so I'm not sure you'd be able to do it exactly how you want. Another way would be to trade your roommates chests and have them place the chests down and set them to be private. That would do it, too, but you would have less control, so you might have to walk them through it, and they would have to have a high enough lot permission to place containers.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Jason_M likes this.
  3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Thanks for the advice. Just to clarify, for your last suggestion, the roommate would place the chest and he would make it private?

Can a trustee place chests? I'm reluctant to hand out co-ownership to several people.

Thank you again for yohr kind help :)

4. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Kindred should be high enough, and yes, they would place the chest and then right click it to make the item private. Good luck with your roommates :D

Jason_M likes this.
  5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Actually, I have several tenants for one of my lots, and each of them has tenant containers that only that specific person can access. You have to make them tenants, and then when they place a chest, they must have the tenant option checked. You can make any access level a tenant.

Jaesun, Jason_M and margaritte like this.
  6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Thanks folks. That's great advice :):cool:

margaritte likes this.
  7. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

Can you set limits to each tenant on how many items they can store?

8. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Sadly not. You can only communicate the limits and hope they respect them, and in the worst case evict them or send some of their stuff to their bank until they learn to follow your rules or move somewhere else.

Jaesun and margaritte like this.
  9. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

That's a little disappointing. That might be a good feature at some point in the future. Because I can see how that would ruffle feathers. I would not want to evict anyone as it becomes a grief issue. BUT there needs to be some level of respect to everyone on the lot. It's a catch-22.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.