Perplexed where to stand on new stuff that lowers value of old stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Sep 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

So here is the situation... I was around when the Pavilion was for sale and thought I did not have a use case for it. I was around when it closed down forever from sale and still did not buy it for the same reason. And then 3-6 months ago, I had a use case for it and had to pay a premium for it. My bad for not realizing that I would initially want it.

And now there is an Ornate Two-Story Shogun Crafting Pavilion which by most accounts boasts more space and is quite sexy in its own right. Alas for half the price.

In some small way, I feel a little cheated.

I don't know what is right or wrong in this case. I don't want to stifle creation and expansion, but I am also confused about what has real value since anything can be recreated.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Awesome example of how not only you but a lot of us have felt.

I am a Duke figured my stuff would be nice and at least hold value but there are now 4 or more different types of walls I could use - houses - - - Air Ships - - - ALOT of things have been sold - resold for profit then inadvertently reduced to rubble.

Sorry but this is one of the main reasons I feel the game is going to have issues - patterns like this are remembered passed on and talked about and they are not positive ???

I fell that what should happen with these that come out after the fact is if oyu have a City Kobold house and wala the Obsidian City keep come out and you like it more you should be able to trade it one for one - 4 Story Shogun City House? Air Ship - New Pirate Air ship? I should have have to pay again, does that sound how others feel?

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Ditto, bought the Darkstarr Moondial at a premium and don't get me wrong I love it, but the new ones are better and I definitely feel a little :confused:

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

\ooohh yeah moondials that is an even better Example

Add feels a like little slap in the face with some of them

Bundles where another huge one would have been nice to know that so many where on the way when I bought a bunch to decorate my town :-(

But no need to go on and on sorry for the ramble.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

A long time ago, way before the newer moodials, I remember them saying that they would be making other moodials.

6. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Apple doesn't screw you every time they introduce a new iPhone, right?

If you never buy anything, you'll eliminate the risk that your purchase will be bettered later. But what's the fun in that?

7. Diminio

Diminio Avatar

Perhaps a scrapping system. Only applicable to store purchased items and items purchased through bundles.

So you could scrap your shogun home and put those scraps towards your preferred upgrade.

Add a scrap value to the store, in a similar vein to Star Citizen.

Players are possibly more likely to spend on the store if they reduce the cost of upgrading. Players know where they stand if a fancy new house comes in, scrap the old one or even keep it. As others scrap theirs the original ones will become rarer.

Manerd, Paladin Michael, Numa and 4 others like this.
  8. Gix

Gix Avatar

Last time I checked, the iPhone X isn't cheaper than my if-I-were-to-buy-it-now iPhone 6.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

This is it. Someone put it in the Telethon suggestions.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hate to break it to you but there is a crafted version as well...

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Ouch, that would have been nice to know.

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Wasn't kept a secret. Though I don't believe the crafted version is 2-story.

13. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

You shouldn't ever feel bad about this. It's just business.

14. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Sucks man, but let's remember we aren't buying stock in a company here, donations not investments.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If anyone thinks it is even comparable that the Pavilion that was obtained for players who put this game into motion can be considered anything but mediocre to the new 3 Story Shogun one???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Do not tell me it is an option to purchase and not needed, the fact is the original should have been the best or most unique, and if upgrades where put out then they should have been made available for minimal cost or effort!!!!!

This is the issue from the OP and is completely valid, ignored and discredited for one reason or another.

The attitude that delivery of 90% being OK, and moving forward with new items while stating - "until there are tools or assets to create new content. . . . . " but creating new and BETTER things each and every month are another of a collection of things piling up behind the avalanche coming

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The thing that makes the original valuable is the rarity...

The only guarantee that the Devs ever made was that those items that are retired would never be reintroduced... "Which pavilion do you like better?" is purely subjective as is "Which pavilion do you value more?"

17. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Is there anything wrong with just collecting it all?

Spoon and Barugon like this.
  18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What I like about it is the rustic look. The new ones just look too clean and pretty to me.

19. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Pretty raw deal. They've been doing this for years now; reskinning assets that many of us thought were going to be "unique". I guess it depends on your definition of unique. Very sad and misleading. Part of the interest in unique and/or limited items is that they are....unique and/or limited. Crazy, I know. Buyer beware on all "limited" items. :(

20. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

None of these cash money shop items or pledge rewards have real value.

They have implied value. It's implied the game will be successful, or your item is rare.

In truth, none of these implied factors are in play.

In all honesty, this just shows that none of the people investing money in the game cares about functionality.

They just wanted to sink money into more skins, and resell them later.

So they cared nothing for the skin quality, they just hopped it was a one time thing.

Well after 5 years..... This old girl named sota has been around the block a few times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.