Personal NPC

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Proteus Tempest, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

I could not think of a better title.

I would be neat and useful to have a NPC of whatever variety so that I could add my own keyword and response.

If this were to be we could have NPC's on player lots and POTs that would answer questions to new players and old players for game advice, crafting advice and/or game lore, history and such.

This might make a good item to have as a telethon stretch goal.

Stundorn likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

What about tweaking the vendors and for example let create quests and the Vendor hold the reward you need not to buy but can get through delivery quests like the buy option now.
    X Gold for Y Ressource or Coto could be improved by this Sword for x Silver ore and y Gold ore or this piece of furniture for 50 Wood, this book for 20 cotton...
    And additionally of course add some conversation, Info, Keywords, guild applications...

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd like to see this sort of functionality too...we've set up a lot of lore stuff in our town but short of changing the NPC's name there's not a lot you can do. Being able to dress them and make them have dialogue would be fantastic. I expect however that this would add a whole level of required 'moderation' and perhaps that's the sticking point. Just as an example, I'd love to have a librarian npc at the library, or at least, the ability to make the vendor we have stood there more librarian like and perhaps talk about things. But I appreciate that there would be people (there always are)who would use this as an opportunity for evil. ><

4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

well thas true, but you already can publish "evil" text in Books and on Public Board Flyers.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

True, and I like to think that most of us are well behaved but...there's always SOMEONE...lol
    There's a difference, a small one, between there being a naughty book on a shelf somewhere, and an npc greeter that spews profanities at passers-by, though.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

well we can say - if something against standard rules like agression, racism, profanity etc... happens the Owner get a Ban over time.
    I'm sure most people will report stuff like this. Yes this needs moderation. But would be a very cool feature.

7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Moderating is the key.

There will always be those that abuse the system. If moderating is not the key we wouldn't have games like this.

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I believe this is in the long term plan, as well as other quest mechanics. I kind of regret selling my Knight's Servant a while ago because of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.