Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pesky fauns

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by uhop, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

1. Title: Pesky fauns
    2. Reproduction Rate: 70%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: below
    5. Steps to Reproduce: fight when fauns present
    6. User Specs: very good

Fighting in South Ravenswood I encountered a bunch of satyrs + a faun fighting a bear. The faun gave me unusually a lot of troubles, yet I dispatched satyrs and the bear. (The faun was a little bit damaged, could be by the bear, could be accidentally by me). Yet the faun continued to mess with me, so I decided to run away, and encountered another faun. They both started to cast mesmerize on me (among other spells), and and I couldn't move for a minute or so, because their spells never ended. In small gaps between their spells I tried to purify myself, or use a knight grace, but it didn't help at all. When the third faun have shown up I got frozen permanently. I had no damage, but got stuck for several minutes unable to do anything. Finally I tried "exit to menu", which worked after waiting for 20 seconds as usual.

Obviously the situation was completely unnatural, and should be prevented. An avatar should become temporarily immune to mesmerize (and other disabling effects) after it was applied to them N times in a row. I suggest that N should be 1-3, and "in a row" should be defined as N multiplied by the effect time. After that a player should be immune for M cycles, where M is 1-2, and a cycle is an effect time.

While being stuck I had time to notice that I had a lot of "mesmerize" badges at the same time. It seems like a bug --- it should be impossible to be mesmerized more than once, it cannot be stacked, as it is impossible to be hypnotized thrice, or be unconscious twice, or be distracted four times at the same time.

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I will submit this issue to the team for review. Thanks so much, @uhop, for putting in a report!

If you could get me /loc information for these fauns, that would be fantastic :D

3. uhop

uhop Avatar

Here is my /loc (approximate):

Area: South Revenswood (HiddenVale_Forest02-Tier4)
    Loc: (-86.2, 22.6, -135.9)

Unfortunately the clipboard on my Linux box is broken (filed a separate bug), so I am copying the info by hand. If you find any discrepancies, please let me know.

margaritte likes this.
  4. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Thanks!

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can get it with a two-step process, usually. i saw that pasting with control shift v didn't work for you. paste it into your notepad of choice and recopy that.

uhop and margaritte like this.
  6. uhop

uhop Avatar

Yep, it works --- just tried it with gedit. Thx, @Alley Oop!

Alley Oop and margaritte like this.
  7. uhop

uhop Avatar

Now for the build 510 it is even more pronounced:

11/21/2016 9:21 PM
    Title: Pesky faun
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: below
    Steps to Reproduce: find a faun
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 64369
    GPU: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.510.Date.11.20.16
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Area Display Name: Elysium Mines
    Loc: (-125.3, -19.8, 136.6)

Now in Elysium Mines I decided to skip the 2nd chamber and just ran through it till I hit the secret chamber. I got hit multiple times, and got all guys on me, yet, as expected, all of them returned back (they are being leashed after all) save for 1 (one) faun. That guy got me frozen solid with a constant barrage of "mesmerize" and mesmerize-like spells. One faun has managed to stack 2-3 spells at the same time on me with rare sub-second windows! Another strange thing --- the faun had a damage for some reason. Clearly not from me, because my avatar had no weapon drawn, and didn't use any glyphs at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.