Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet controls

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Abraxas, Jul 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

While using my water elemental it will not respond to using a hotkey for "attack target." I've tried moving the functions to different keys with no luck. Yet the other pet controls work fine.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Can you verify if this issue is still visible? The Pet Attack Target command appears to be working as intended for the water elemental when tested internally.

3. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

The Pet Attack Target command hasn't worked once this release for me. Also, for some reason when I try to switch the hot key to something like say "F" (it no longer auto-deselects the previous hot key designation if it was previously in use...I have to do that manually) not only does the key "F" not operate as "Pet Attack Target" but now the manual command stops working - if I right-click on the target and choose "command pet to attack target" nothing happens, no change in pet activity for any amount of tries. This is only a problem after I try changing the hot key, so it appears that the hot key malfunction also causes and overall pet action bug.

4. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

Ok, I checked a couple other things. All other pet commands are functioning properly. Unfortunately now, even after returning the hot keys to default and restarting, I cannot get my pet to attack my target unless it just decides to as a result of the Aggressive demeanor selection. Occasionally when I manually right-click on a target and select "command pet to attack x" my elemental will turn towards the target as if it were going to race off, make a little grunt, and then stop as if someone tied his backpack to the bleachers or ran into an invisible wall.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

May I ask what OS you're using to play for us to test in as close an environment as what you're observing this bug on? In both cases described, we've been able to get our pets to respond as desired. Even with F, in its awkwardness, which would both command a pet to attack as well as open the Social window.

6. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

Well, this computer is running Win 8.1 for no good reason other than avoiding updates while everything is working just fine. Is it time for 10?

Ha, well certainly if I were moving Pet Attack Target to the F key I would then remove control for the social window, which I never use anyway, since hot-key selection doesn't seem to auto-replace...perhaps so you can set up single key strokes to open multiple windows simultaneously?

7. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

Ah, I forgot one important detail. I have only been testing out single player offline mode.

8. Abraxas

Abraxas Avatar

So, some time has passed...many updated drivers, os, patches and unfortunately I'm still without hotkey control of my elemental. I'm now running win 10, latest drivers, newest patches. My elemental still will not attack my target at all, hotkey or point-click. Should I just uninstall and start over? I can't figure out what settings could have changed to cause this. Maybe it's punishment being a horrible archer with questionable opinions.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  9. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Can you post a screenshot?

10. agra

agra Avatar

It will work if you have the mouse pointer on/over the target when you command the pet to attack. If not, the pet won't attack. At least, that's how it is for me.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok the answer I got when I beat eveyon up about this was you have to have your cursor over the target to have the pet attack it - over and over I have reported that the hot key does not work on commanding a pet to attack a target NOT under the reticle and was told that is how it is supposed to work, Just like healing and . . . . .
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ttack-hot-key-still-broken.54197/#post-590786

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.