Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet menu does not appear after deploying pet to lot

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Woodchuck, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

09/08/2018 15:47
    Title: $8 Shiba Inu pet not able to follow me everywhere i go (it is confined to the lot boundary).
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: When initially 'deploying' the pet from inventory to the lot, the pet is still a 'decoration' pet type. The right-click context menu at this point is NOT the pet menu (does not have option to rename pet, follow options, etc.). Only if I exit the game client, and relogin to the game will the proper "pet" context menu be available on the pet. Still however, when I chose the "Follow close" option, the pet does not follow me off the lot. It is confined to the lot and will not follow me if I am outside the property lot. Furthermore, if you pickup the pet into your inventory, and redeploy it on the lot, the right-click context menu reverts back to the wrong menu which does not have the pet options (renaming, following, etc.).
    Basically, the pet context menu is incorrect each time the pet is deployed from the inventory to the game world. And the pet does not follow you off the property lot that it is deployed to, even though you select the "Follow close" option.

Steps to Reproduce: Deploy pet onto property lot. Right click pet to bring up context menu and you will see this is *not* the correct pet menu. Then exit the game client (while pet is still deployed on the property lot), relogin to game and right-click pet to see that now the context menu *is* the pet context menu. Then choose "Follow Close" and walk off the property lot and you will see the pet does not follow your avatar outside of the property lot boundary. Now, go to the pet and right click on it to choose to pickup the pet back into your inventory. Then redeploy the pet onto the property by dragging on it's icon from the inventory back onto the lot. Now, right-click on the pet and you will see the context menu has reverted back to the non-pet context menu (i.e. wrong menu).

Pet does not have the correct pet menu after deploying from inventory:
    [​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 24475
    GPU: AMD RADEON R9 M390 GPU RAM: 2029
    SotA.Win.64.830.Date.09.07.18
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Dawn's Keep
    Area Display Name: Dawn's Keep
    Loc: (168.3, 44.5, 21.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERhd24ncyBLZWVwfCgxNjguMjYxLCA0NC41MDEsIDIxLjM1NCl8KDAsIDAuMTU4LCAwLCAwLjk4Nyl8MTguMDMzMDh8MjUuODAyOTV8OC4yOTc4MDM=

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Woodchuck, there are two ways to deploy a deco pet. if youi place it on a lot, it is bound to the lot. if you drag it onto your noncombat bar instead, it'll make a whistle icon. summon it with the whistle and it will be bound to you, whether you're on the lot or not.

Rentier and Woodchuck like this.
  3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Ah it works!!! Shiba Inu follows meeeeee!!!! :)

Thanks! @Alley Oop !!

[​IMG]

Is the other part of my post a bug? The fact that once you deploy the pet to the lot, and then right-click it, the context menu is not the pet menu.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think it takes a bit for the pet to become fully active, including the menu.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I would say it's a bug, because i just tried re-zoning. And the proper pet menu appears after you zone out and zone back in the scene. (or log out the game and re-login)

I've modified the title to reflect this issue!

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.