Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet not visible or targetable to Res

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Geaux, Jun 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

1. Title: 89 Razorback Destroyer Pet disappeared and res timer timed out
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:Wave 15 room of Compendium, pet died and no body was visible to res, no name present on group interface to target for res, nothing alive in room, just vanished. There was plenty of time on res timer left to run to various corners of the room and cast res several times.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:

2. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

You don’t need to be able to see your pets body to res it btw. You just have to click res before the timer ends

Geaux likes this.
  4. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

As stated above, I ran to various corners of room and cast res, while timer was still live...

Typically your pet's name still shows up under yours in group list, but even the name had vanished. You can see the timer on the taming necklace, and it was still ticking with over a minute to go after casting res repeatedly...

5. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Liz,
    Question...do you experience the bug of your pet appearing to be a corpse after res? Mine can look like a dead body sliding around following me after res sometimes. I typically have to leave combat mode and teleport it to clear it...

6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if the corpse is still available, it will revive it and it will show in your group list again. the rez spells in either the taming tree or the life tree will work in that case.

if the corpse is not available but you're still within the time limit, it will revive it into your whistle and you'll have to re-summon it. only the rez spell in the taming tree will work in that case. since you've said the corpse had disappeared, confirm you were using the taming rez, not the life one?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  7. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I was using the life res, have both but had no idea there was a difference when body gets bugged and becomes invisible.

Here's the odd thing in addition...the pet's name was Spunkadoodle, and taming necklace was listed as the pet's name in inventory when not equipped. After the multiple res attempts, I noticed that the taming necklace reverted to "Razorback Destroyer" on the taming whistle...when I hit summon, I got the message "call not answered". It showed the taming necklace while equipped as generic Razorback Destroyer without a name any more, but when I unequipped it to see if summon was bugged, my obsidian destroyer was summonable, and the original Razorback Destroyer taming necklace had then reverted to a plain petless taming necklace in inventory.

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I havent had the zombie body effect on anything for a while.... so no, I havent had my pets dead corpse follow me about

Geaux likes this.
  9. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I checked it earlier today in Ruined Keep... So to clarify, it is definitely repeatable, and the dead pet graphic will teleport as a dead pet even though at full health after res... In fact, it will not follow or move except when it teleports, and it actually does not move at all until you force it to teleport by right clicking it and selecting teleport. It seems to think it is still dead and does not follow you at all. It pops back to correct graphic when it attacks something.

10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

ok well killing a pet should be easy enough.. :) lemme go see if I can do it too

OK, went to ulfheim, sent him into the berzerkers and let him die like an uncaring soul..

his name went grey under mine, and I rez'd him and he sprung up and was good as new..

Geaux likes this.
  11. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Sounds like an exhaustive test :)

I imagine this is similar to the bug that a player that has been resurrected sometimes shows no health at all even though they are alive and at full health, but no idea...

I tested it in RK. The pet teleported to me several times as a corpse with full health post res...as soon as I commanded it to attack, it came out of it's dormant corpse state and resumed normal activities...

When the pet was lost in Compendium, I died after it died, and it was not there to res after I resurrected, even though the res timer had enough time on it for me to cast res several times.

12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

the thing is you can recreate it so easily but its clearly not as simple as "pet dies, rez" .. there needs to be more to it, and thats the bit that can be hard to figure out.

Geaux likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.