Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet Rez

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Gnick Gnack, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnick Gnack

Gnick Gnack Avatar

Hi Guys, Great Game!
    I believe we should be able to rez our pets by casting rez on the whistle after a wipe. Allot of time effort and in some cases money went into the pet and quite often i will not be able to get back to the battle site before the pet has dissapeared , some times my pet will run off and die somewhere i can not get to or find. I know as a tamer who hopes to sell his pets as wears pet death helps bussiness, on the other hand if the players can't rez the pet it dimishes its value and in some cases end pet sells altogether.
    Just my 2 coppers!
    Thank you for such a great game
    Gnick Gnack

Acred, Tears, kazeandi and 4 others like this.
  2. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Personally i do not like it that we have to use resurrection at all. If you plan on using a tamed animal in combat it's a must have skill at the moment. I would like to see some other means to get them back. That would solve your loss in value as a tamer as well.

Scraps, Acred and kazeandi like this.
  3. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Assuming you meant after the pet dies, not a wipe.

Yeah my first 7,000g investment in a pet went poof after about 4 seconds when we got mobbed and the pet was too stupid to flee with me (there should be a hotkey for "Pet flee with me!"). And the rez window was so short I was still trying to lead the attackers away when the body disappeared.

Acred, kazeandi, margaritte and 2 others like this.
  4. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Chris explained to me their thoughts behind perma-death yesterday in the chat:
    This thread is about exactly my concern. How can I convince people to spend thousands on something that will be gone at a moment's notice? If you can find it to rez it, who says you have the rez skill and why should it be required to be a pet owner? Sure they may add a rez scroll or other pet item to permit us to fix our broken pet and that's a good start, but perma-death is not needed to balance this as we already lose 75% of our action and have to wear a necklace to call the animal negating necklaces with other benefits.

In the same chat Chris mentioned that the cool down timer is being looked at and we will see some changes with multiple pets in release 25. I look forward to that!

I'm no longer very concerned about permadeath staying. Honestly, as soon as they see the unpopularity in beta (or even after release) this system will be revisited and permadeath will be replaced with decay (like other systems). I personally hope they will realize there will be a market for multiple pets, collecting, and new player influx that negates the need for decay or perma-death in the long term.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but there is a Dismiss command that you could have set to a hot Key the default is F5 and I accidently found tyhis out when I hit F5 accidently and my pet went Poof :) I know this is anot an disengage / follow command but it will work to save a pet.

I am getting pretty tiered of players asking for Hotkeys when they exist - Go to the Options Window - look at the commands avail - and set a key if you so chose or change it - NOW if the command is not there ask for it.

BTW there is a Stop attacking / follow / and many other there for pets. But there is an issue with how the pets obay ATM.

Acred likes this.
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

I too have all those pet actions mapped to key presses alt+d/etc. The pet will not get out of combat right now and dismiss is pretty much our only defense. Quick death trip to an ankh afterwards and we are good to go....

But then there is the "Ooops, I was working so hard to keep my pet alive I didn't notice I was under attack and I died so my pet is dead..." Bug or not that is just wrong. I cannot tell you how many times I had to flee from combat yesterday teleporting my bear to me in order to keep it out of battle and let myself heal. Fun dynamic there with attempting to run away and finding your pet slowing you down because you teleport it on you. Silly collision system.

7. Womby

Womby Avatar

Everyone should learn first aid, and the SotA equivalent is resurrect. If you have friends you should train this skill, even if you never own a pet.

If you don't have friends, well... *hugs*

Acred likes this.
  8. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Does it work here, I keep pressing it, nothing happens

9. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

What are you pressing to try to dismiss? I believe by default the Pet commands are not mapped to anything. If you look in options->controls and scroll to the bottom you will find "pet passive", "Pet defensive", "pet <commands>" that you can bind to something.

If everyone should... then it should be a default base skill. In keeping with the lore only an extremely adept life mage should be able to rez. Instead if they introduce a craftable and consumable pet rez item or scroll that can be enchanted by a life mage that tamed pet handlers can use to fix their fallen pets then I would agree 'everyone should' use that.

I have a simple rule in life - if a statement contains always, every*, or never it is most likely false. Either opinion or false and most of the time both.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    kazeandi likes this.
  10. Womby

Womby Avatar

*hugs*

Acred likes this.
  11. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

<hugs>

Acred likes this.
  12. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

Pet Heal, Pet Rez and Pet Buff should be spells (skills) in the Taming tree.

Call them "Veterinary", at x skillpoints you can resurrect your pet when healing it (if it's dead).
    Gives you an incentive to be careful and learn how to play with pets at first, not to put it or you at risk too much.

The buff could be passive, you "inspire" or "motivate" your pet. That makes more sense than magic.

(Could use whatever resource (cheap) to use the skill, so mages and archers don't suffer while Tamers have it easy)

Edit: And rename "Summon" to "Call Pet", tamers aren't necessarily spell casters. What about rangers?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Scraps likes this.
  13. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

My Resurrect has been broken 90% of the time. Stays greyed out on everything, so its a extra harsh for me. I like the idea of Res on pets.. actually give me a chance to work the skill.. just not as much fun when its mandatory and broken.

14. kazeandi

kazeandi Avatar

Right now you can rez them if you stand at the correct pixel, which could be anywhere in range - it's a broken mess.
    Both being usable (your own skill and a healing mage's resurrect) would be nice, as more options are always great.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You have to have a dead target chosen before it ungreys :) A Viable target "corpse". All you have to do is click the corpse to make it your target :)

But last night we took on the Ghost Corp and a friends pet died but disappeared LONG before th 5 minutes timer was up and I could Not res it :-( There are ALOT fo issues with pets but give them time.

kazeandi and Bluefire like this.
  16. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

It really wouldn't hurt if they would take away the perma-death disappearance (eg the timer) for now and let us call our 'dead' pet so we (or a group member) can rez it. This would be nice step at least until the bugs are fixed with the system.

I do hope you all are bug reporting these events. Helps a lot more than even feedback I believe.

17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Right now, this is why I prefer summoned pets. No materials gathering, no crafting to make the collars/whistles, no requirement to wear a whistle, and no need to rez on pet death. If a pet dies, just re-summon and you are back in business.

Granted, summoned pets are not as good as tamed pets and the variety isn't as good. But a well rounded mage can have different summons for different situations (phoenix for ranged dps, water elemental for healing and a bit of dps, death or earth pets for tanking/sacrificing, etc).

I think at this point, my XP pool points are better served going into summoned pets than the taming tree.

That said, pet commands are as important for a summoner as a tamer. I have 2 very important ones hot-keyed to my mouse. I have one for "Pet Teleport" (default = Numpad 8) and one for "Pet attack target" (default = Numpad 6). I've been considering changing the second one to "Pet Stop Attacking" (Numpad 9) instead because just clicking on a mob will initiate the pet attacking that target. However, when in a battle with multiple mobs, it's nice to be able to command my pet to attack specific mobs that I choose instead of just sticking with the initial target. Perhaps I'll just try to find another button to hotkey the stop attacking command instead because there are times when I want to just click a mob to see what rank it is and not actually have the pet attack it yet.

Anyway, that's my input on this topic. Hope it helps.

18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

So is Resurrect supposed to work on tamed pets?

Yesterday I had one out and got double-teamed by some large corpions (I was only expecting one, not two) and I got killed. Ankh and run back to pet, could select pet with blue outline, but the resurrect glyph would not highlight on my non-combat hotbar. Poof goes pet after a couple minutes of this.

Acred likes this.
  19. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

You can right-click the MOB you desire to have the pet attack and select "command pet to attack".

I have most of the pet command mapped, though. Good to have dismiss, attack, stop attack, teleport, and follow me on hot-keys.

Be sure to bug report!

Acred likes this.
  20. Acred

Acred Avatar

Could pets that died and are still available to ressurect get a red "Oracle eye" symbol above them, please?

Even with a Party member willing to lure away the MOBs on the scene, it is sometimes very hard to find a dead pet that had chased off after a MOB before it died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.