Petition: Classify Repair Kits as Crafting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jason_M, Sep 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Since repair kits are used on crafting benches, they should be classified as crafting according to the inventory organizing tabs. At the very least the tool repair kit should be there.

While it's true that you can use repair kits off the benches, this doesn't require anything from the organization tabs.

But when you are crafting, you most likely are using the crafting filter.

If you agree with this very important issue ;) please sign the petition :):)

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I kinda get where you're coming from, but I think they fit in consumables too.

The inventory filtering could use a good solid pass - there's a lot of items that don't filter where they should - particularly a lot of food items that are used in recipes but only come up in consumables, not crafting. I expect the easiest way to get this changed would be to put together a list/spreadsheet of "where it is" "where it should be" and "reasons why".

I mean, recipes filter to 'crafting' but they aren't components used in craftings, they are consumables you use to learn a recipe. This is where we run into problems where things like "apples" can be used as a component, or just eaten outright, although I can't imagine many people do so regularly.

We'd need to establish a consistent methodology for what supersedes what. If an item can be used as a component in -anything- it filters to crafting, if an item can only be consumed, it filters to consumable. That would resolve your repair kit issue and my recipe issue. But I'm not sure if it globally addresses everyone's preference. I'd be more than happy to start a list of common items I get sick of seeing in the "wrong" tab....

Elwyn and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Why not both? Don't weapons that can be placed as deco currently filter both as equipment and housing?

Jaesun and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Yes, a very very important issues - - In a pinch, one can utilize the search function on the "All" tab - I know how painful a few extra clicks can be, though :D

If these few steps are bugging you so much, it might be worth it to take a brisk walk and recharge your batteries.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes, you can use the search issue if you're trying to find something, not an issue.
    But having to do so a dozen times for all the outliers every time you try to sort your inventory gets a bit tedious, and it doesn't need to be, seems simple enough to set the filters appropriately particularly on some items that are quite obviously not where they should be :x

6. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Easier to just change the inventory so you can only carry ~100 items in total. Lol..

7. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Yeah - I'm on the computer A LOT doing various things and typing all day, so this sort of thing is second nature to me and I don't even bat an eye - sometimes I forget others might not be so inclined

8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

They can, but, if you're inclined to hang a particular item in your house, you can locate it. If you're inclined to find any deco at all, any old piece, then you might not want to scroll through 30 lesser wands, shoddy short bows, or whatever you looted from the Rise just before you got home. Equipment and deco should be different - even though they can technically be deco, they are in every other circumstance a terrible inventory pollution within that tab.

But that's neither here nor there.

Repair deeds. They be excluded from crafting far too long.

Justice is demanded.

Please sign my petition :)

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I wasn't advocating it for equipment. In fact, it's really annoying that the housing filter still includes most of your equipment. But repair kits as both consumable and crafting would work well.

Jason_M and Elwyn like this.
  10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Gotcha. :) And I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.