Petition keep Auto Attack...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

2. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Keep Auto Attack! anyone stupid enough to rid it can just click on and off a player for all I care (not meaning to be a personal attack ARRRGGG!)..... I want the game to be fun not so unbelievably difficult to play.

3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I agree, keep auto attack... I'm still using it, just as long as ppl can turn it off if they wish... No reason to get ride of it entirely...

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Keep auto-attack as an option!

5. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

I would wait and let chris present his idea.
    With free button config. A great weapon and hit animation, an aktiv combat system works way batter, special with all comming featers.

Let autoatack in game, and healing spells are a must have with leads to a lot of other problems.

Autoatack crippels any atempt to dodge aktiv an atack. Wich leads to a generic combat system. (not a bad one a generic one wich 100 of games have right now)

As long as port doesnt look in the futur with there combat system they still will get bad reviews.

It breaks my heart that even german pc magazins dont write realy well about this game.

And each time port trys to make somthing interesting or modern every one starts a petition.

In the end this is somthing that can kill this game.

I still think most of you want to keep there mouse movement, wich is fine.
    But mouse movement has nothing to do with auto or aktiv atack.
    At the moment it gets effected by it cous its not refind jet but that canbe fixed

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I hear what you are saying, and if they fix the aiming problems and the collateral mouse problems with free attack, I will certainly be willing to give it another chance.

I've been using free attack exclusively since R20, and only just switched back to auto-attack yesterday because I was holding our new kitten in my lap and could only play using one hand. The difference was staggering. All of a sudden I was really hitting mobs without all the painful clicking. Then it occurred to me that SotA should be playable for disabled folks who can't use both hands to play. So I am still strongly in favor of keeping free attack mode as an option.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. Albus

Albus Avatar

If free-attack is to replace auto attack, I think this issue as described by Soulicide needs addressed, at the least. Ability to map the free-attack to keyboard would help, leaving mouse free for movement. I currently use free-attack not because it works well, but to get used to it, but to my experience the auto attack is more powerful than free attack (not on individual swings - but because it is hitting many times while I am fumbling around trying to coordinate free attacks between glyph attacks, where autoattack would do this for me). In effect I perceive that in using free attacks I am gimping myself for now in order to get used to the free attack, but feel there needs be a change made to make free attack more palatable to us all. I do like the idea of free attack, but as it currently works auto attack seems just better (in power gamer terms) and easier to use, while free attack is kind of fun with charging up your attacks and being "in control" of when your blows swing.

At minimum free attack needs to be mappable to keys to free up mouse movement for those very used to mouse movement, but probably other improvements need be made and probably are planned already even ;)

Jivalax Azon and Kara Brae like this.
  8. Kendaric

Kendaric Avatar

This is precisely the main reason why I want to keep the autoattack. I am disabled (paralyzed right arm/hand due to a stroke) and I want to be able to play. I´m also not a huge fan of twitch-based gameplay, especially in RPGs where your character´s abilities should matter more than player reaction/skill.

9. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i vote keep the auto attack

10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

This game is in Pre-Alpha and it's a bit rough around the edges, which isn't surprising, it's Pre-Alpha after all. It gets better each patch. Once the game is complete, then the reviews will matter. The game will stand on its own and people will either like it or not. I think the game will be successful myself. I don't think something such as having the option to auto-attack or simply click a check box if you don't want to use it is a game killer for the masses. I love options, and so do most people.

Having it as an option hinders no one, and it certainly doesn't kill the game. It's a win for those who like it, and a win for those who would prefer to turn it off. I don't understand why it bothers people to have options for all play styles.

11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

So far there are about 2 or 3 people who are in favor of removing one and about 80+ in favor of keeping both for many reasons.

I don't know how this isn't obvious I've never seen any thread in the 2 years I've been on this fourm so united in mind and will.

12. Musaab Osman

Musaab Osman Avatar

Is there not a problem with having auto-attack with a use-based system?

Don't jump on me, just asking.

13. Koraxe Merek

Koraxe Merek Avatar

Signed - Keep auto attack

14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

No, if ur worried about say sword skill upping they could easily make auto attack and free attack not eligible to raise the passives.

I gotta say there was so much hate and push back going to use based skills I'm super stoked they went with that system now plz don't pull auto attack were definitely headed in the right direction now.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    Jivalax Azon, Olddog and Kendaric like this.
  15. Hawkcxvii

Hawkcxvii Avatar

16. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

No! ( in polish language)

17. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Not so far. I have shot around 16000 arrows with auto attack and my ranged combat skill is <50.

There is no reason to use free attack in archery right now. Charging up a full attack is a waste of time when aimed shot dwarfs the damage output with negligible focus use. Auto attack lets you do some level of damage while working with the random deck.

On a mob my auto attack ticks for about 10 and in PvP for about 2... auto attack is hardly a threat against "good gameplay" at present.

18. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Agreed way to much hype about auto attack people complain it gives a pvp advantage when the advatage is actually the player moving vrs the ones standing still.

Jivalax Azon and Olddog like this.
  19. Siobahn

Siobahn Avatar

signed-keep it and just give the option to check it off

20. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Thx i know that is pre alpha so no reason to point it out.
    You whant to know what makes sails as a pre alpha game?
    Fair pricing. For a prealpha game shroud is way overpriced. It should had a price tag about 25-30 doller/euro.
    Each singel gaming magazin i bought wasnt even impressed from shroud and was mostly negativ.
    Given i dont share there review i enjoy the game but most complains was again combat.

and belive it or not that can kill a game over time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.