Petition keep Auto Attack...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Brass Knuckles, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mercster

mercster Avatar

So you agree that there is a line :).

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

LOL, I love this idea. I can now get my workouts in AND play SOTA all at the same time! I Ho, I Ho, it's off to mine I go! ;)

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Options that allow for more than one play style is a win-win for shroud of the avatar

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

how would one balance the autoattack and manual attacks, using the use-based skill system that was recently introduced? - if it can be balanced, i'm all for it. i certainly wouldn't use it, by personal preference. for balance, i'd expect the same dps as a 25% charged manual attack, because it is so fast. that should keep dps about the same for both types.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ballance for those 2 seam simple to.me it's about just watching the data. The bigger problemm is the scale as of right now free attack is not worth the time skills are way better and as skills scale,gear, skill level etc free attack is even worse.,

Imop move it to skill trees make it bind able and allow it benifit from pasives.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    Albus, SmokerKGB and Jivalax Azon like this.
  6. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I've been pretty heavily involved in PvP in one form or another over the years but for the most part I've always enjoyed being more of a tactician in the games I've played. I've felt that my character development decisions, inventory management, timing, skill execution and other decisions that I make should be the determining factor if I prevail in combat. A diverse character development and skills system makes the game harder to balance, but I think having choices is one of the things that has appealed to me the most. I want this to be more important than the items I acquire. What choices did I make in the character development process that allows me to employ different tactics or reap different benefits than other players?

I want to manage my character and it's one of the reasons I prefer to play in 3rd person so that I can evaluate my surroundings. This might not be realism, but I do think it makes up for some of the non-immersive things solo players have to deal with in today's MMO's. One of them being large guilds where players are all sitting in the same teamspeak channel talking about what's going on. You can't really get away from it, especially if you want to be an effective, organized and successful PvP guild. But I don't like being the guy getting ganked either. As they say, information is power and being able to see more information on the screen helps you make better decisions. But it sounds like in this game there won't be fast travel or methods to escape when you're attacked in combat? So this could cater to the organized gank squads for sure. In UO I loved being able to teleport, do wall of stone, paralyze someone, interrupt their spell, run around a corner and hide, recall, and other types of tactics that can be employed to try and make your escape...I hope there will be some of these methods for the solo player to employ in order to escape from gank squads. A bit off topic my apologies.

I can see how free attack could be interesting, as long as it's more like Soul Calibur and not like FPS games or FPS PvP ala Darkfall. I want some tactics to be involved...not just running around shooting and swinging at each other. The nice thing about auto-attack is that it allows your character to do damage while you're setting up other skills/powers. A PvP system which involves constantly running around shooting and swinging your sword just seems so boring to me, regardless if it takes 'more skill' to keep your crosshairs on your target.

Albus and mercster like this.
  7. mercster

mercster Avatar

Well as far as getting "ganked", in this game you have to flag yourself as PvP to be attacked. If you are flagged as PvP and are attacked, I am sure there will be many interesting options available to you as far as tactics and strategy. Not all skills/spells are in the game yet, and they're still working on PvP mechanics. I can't tell you if all the methods of evasion you mentioned are or will be available in the game. I'm pretty low level at this point and am not a magic user, nor do I PvP (yet).

Agreed. Someone who actively PvPs would be able to speak to this.

8. Curt

Curt Avatar

Keep autoattack
    Get rid of free attack

possible to change combos so the combo is between the skill the opponent just used and the skill you use

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh now don't go taking my free attack. The options choice is fine choose it or not, why take it away, you just check auto attack and no need to bother with free attack, so just sayin. I am a warrior who loves to pack a wollop. While free attack is underpowered at this time, it is still the way I like to play.;)

10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Sorry guys. I just got off the phone with the coders... they said Auto Attack is no longer in SotA. They said it's time to revolt and make a stand and that they're putting in the ability to throw rocks at your target and when they added the rock throw they had to remove the auto attack or you'd be able to hit anyone with a rock without trying. This is sad news for some but I really look forward to throwing rocks at some of the Avatars here so I guess I'm okay with it.

Oh yeah, I'm a lying liar.

11. mercster

mercster Avatar

*sets his hair on fire and runs around in a circle*

Logain, Jivalax Azon and Violation like this.
  12. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

~ Violation hears loud cursing coming from behind him as a small rock misses his head by a mile and strikes a chicken to his right instead :p ~

Jivalax Azon and Violation like this.
  13. drrhodes

drrhodes Avatar

I would like to see a choice. Auto-attack for those who wish it, free-attack for those who wish that.

Lady Cathan, Scraps and Jivalax Azon like this.
  14. Haz

Haz Avatar

Huh...you guys still use WASD to move around?? I use the little joystick (while in combat and using auto-attack) under my left thumb......oh yeah forgot, I use a G13 gamepad....all my key binds are there, little joystick to control movement after I hit the T key that is bound to the g19 key....right next to the little joystick. I know, I'm an ass, but I'm 60, I'm allowed to be an ass sometimes.

But on a serious note, if you suffer like I do, from old injuries, that sometimes make it very uncomfortable or down right painful while trying to accomplish some of the hand movements required in games, take a look at the G13 game pad. I've had mine for years and swear by it.

.......and I get to turn attacks on and off without interrupting my movements. BONUS!!!

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Lol..
    Ohh sounds like we need a #savefreeattack movement. ... I'm on it :D

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  16. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

G13 MASTER RACE!

*ahem* :D

Jivalax Azon and Haz like this.
  17. Haz

Haz Avatar

YEAH BABBBBBBBBY

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  18. mercster

mercster Avatar

But...but...joystick on right?? :-(

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  19. Haz

Haz Avatar

Sounds like he might be a lefty, BEWARE!!!!! he's different than the rest of us!!

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  20. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

hey now, only us lefties are in our right minds.

Jivalax Azon and Haz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.