Pets, Taming, and Ranching.

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

Sophie ... I happen to agree that strolling around Owl's Head with a dragon on a leash is a bit absurd - that said - if the requirements and dedication needed to tame and control a high level beast make them OH WOW instead of there goes another one, I'm all in.
    In UO I often shake my head at the pathetic stats on the greater dragons most folks have in tow - but then there are the ones that you know took hours and hours of searching and fighting to find and tame. So IF the dev's are going to give us access to these beasties, let's make their lairs highly inaccessible, make them appear as solitary instances not caves full of them to choose from, and make even approaching the lair fraught with danger. And then once you get there, the issue of the tamer's skill and training and the dragon's resistance to control will be the final obstacles.
    So in the unlikely event you see a dragon rider, you'll know it took some doing. I'm certainly willing to put in the effort if the opportunity is offered.

2. zavb9lov

zavb9lov Avatar

As I see the taming of the game. Small ideas:
    Each being is unique. And if you want to tame it, you need at least two skills. The first is of course the very knowledge of animals. This experience allows you, after some observation of the creature understand poss
    You can whether its domestication, enough for you to experience this, and what is necessary for domestication. Possible not only to tame the beast, but also other creatures. Everyone has their own character and your diet. Tame the beast can only be when he's in good spirits and full.
    Skill animal study allows us to determine that the animal wants to eat at a given time and that it is normal. So he went to tame the dragon, you must first find out what the same meal to take with you)))
    If the feed being unwanted food, it will not be pretty and it will not be tamed.
    The second skill is a skill itself domestication of animals and beliefs. On it depends how well you make friends with the animals, what kind of relationship you will develop initially and how much time should elapse after the domestication to create a friendly connection.
    After all, if there is no friendship creature can escape if you will fall a strong opponent (just scared and fear will be above your friendship if it is weak)
    And just a short script taming a bear:
    I walked through the woods and suddenly met an unusual bear, a rare purple color with a label on the paw. I am a seasoned expert in game and will certainly get hold of it in his kennel !!! To begin, I must learn more about the beast, I will pick up closer to him)
    Hmmmm ... The unusual shape of the skull, just above the average bear, long hair. So there !! This is a rare bear chernikoed!)
    He likes to eat berries growing in the woods, especially mixtures thereof. When people choose to picnic often steals bilberry jam and blueberry pie. I think the pie he had not refused and now))
    Solved !! In town for blueberry pie! Do not forget to collect berries and little ears on the road! come around quickly home made ​​jams, size reduction of flour, do the test and get a delicious cake, which is sure to cheer up the bear !!
    Here I am again in the forest, that traces of the bear, the cake with me! I'm sneaking up, leave the cake in a conspicuous place. I yell as taught voice chernikoeda female hiding behind a tree. Can not be displayed, the bears are characterized by their aggressiveness and options capability make the cake from me))
    Runs for some time and I hear contented grunt and bear this mark, it's time !! My experience tells me it's time to explore your new pet !!!
    It has been several months, and still remember with warmth the day when we made friends with a sweet tooth!)) It was my good and faithful companion, and a dangerous threat to my enemies !!
    After that meeting my skills have improved markedly. This meeting brought me a large share of experience. That adventure was ineteresno and dangerous. But the next will be even more dangerous and interesting. Well, wait for me vely red dragon !! I'm coming for you and I'm not alone !!
    P.S. I want to domestication became interesting occupation and not monotonous routine. And welcome to taming beings was a real adventure.
    Sorry for my English! I translate through Google translator ((

3. Festus

Festus Avatar

@zavb9lov

On that note, it would be nice if taming was a bit different that the typical model of: Attacking the creature until it was below X amount of health, before it became 'tamable'.

If taming in SoTa went the same way SoTa is taking crafting, that would be very dynamic experience, in my opinion...

Such as, not having the innate ability to tame a creature, just because you have enough skill points allocated to the 'taming' skill tree. Take a chicken for example, I don't know how to tame a chicken, but I know I need a collar to tame it...and maybe some cornels of corn to lure it into my good graces?

Long-idea-short; 'Event' based taming, events influencing the outcome of taming a particular creature. Maybe soon as the Avatar unlocks the 'wooing-ways' and is able to tame the creature with ease, the skill to tame the creature would become a 'recipe' for taming the particular creature...

Spoon and Akiera like this.
  4. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I would like the ability to tame female avatars.

Also the ability to tame females in RL would be super nice.

Please arrange both, if possible, thanks.

5. Moridin

Moridin Avatar

Love it :D /signed approve :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.