Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pewter Mug Mystery and Surrounding Bugs

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Datendrache, Dec 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

12/05/2018 18:07
    Title: Pewter Mug Broken? Mug Bug? Mugged? Seriously, I can't think of a good title that doesn't sound silly.

Reproduction Rate: 100%, even after multiple client restarts.
    Blocker? Yes, albeit in a very specialized case

Details:

Taking a total SWAG at what's going on, I'd say the item in the attached picture for arrow #2, which is the same as the 0.3 weight "white" colored coffee cup in my inventory pointed to by arrow #1, is actually something else that might have been reassigned to be a "pewter mug", and may be rare, a current or former quest item, or purchased.

The side-effects are an inability to manipulate other Pewter Mugs when one of these is in your inventory, as well as a "blank skin" and looks like a plain gray coffee mug.

However, at this moment we have no idea where this buggy item came from, and so this idea that is may be something else that became a pewter mug is pure speculation, but it would be helpful to figure this out and it may not be easy unless we get more eyes on it.

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Find one of these "Pewter Mugs" although so far they don't appear to be common. Using magical dev powers, I'd say grab one from the provided location or grab it from my inventory.

Note: They don't stack with other Pewter Mugs found either from town stealing or as monster drops.

2) Place one in your inventory. Pick up another "Pewter Mug" from a chest or somewhere (see arrow #3 for a stack of "normal" Pewter Mugs and place it in your inventory.

3) Observe: The Pewter Mug in the chest goes Red, and the Pewter Mug from the chest that is placed in your inventory appears also as red.

4) Observe: The chest now has a red stack of Pewter Mugs, indicating that it can't finish the transaction. See Arrow #4.

Notes: If you log out, the red mug in your inventory returns to the chest. The presence of the "bugged mug" in your inventory causes some sort of conflict.

The weight of the "Pewter Mug" that is not red in the inventory is 0.3 while the other is 0.5.

5) Place the "questionable" Pewter Mug on a surface and place a stolen mug and a dropped loot pewter mug on the same table (see Arrow #2)

6) Observe: Questionable mug appears to be very plain, perhaps no skin/texture, and looks like a coffee mug. The other "Pewter Mugs" look more fancy and are larger.

Additional: This object appears to be rare, as between Tila Tenderfoot and myself, we appear to have only 2 and we are hoarders maximus. One of the objects was found in Tila's bank where she largely keeps purchased and/or valuable items. I found mine in my deco chests mixed with various deco items of a mixed nature.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.878.Date.11.28.18
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Festival
    Area Display Name: Festival
    Loc: (-10.3, 50.3, 61.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEZlc3RpdmFsfCgtMTAuMzMsIDUwLjMyMiwgNjAuOTY1KXwoMCwgLTAuMDEsIDAsIDEpfDQ4NC4xMDI4fDM3Ljk3NzU0fDEuNDk=

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.