Phuulz Me Twice.. the magic of SOTA side quests at their best.

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Steevodeevo, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Just done this one. A little gem.

There is a lot of discussion on the current quest mechanics and the Devs acknowledge it needs a re-write.
    However I fear much is lost in this debate on mechanics in terms of the lovely writing and underlying puzzles and challenges found in these quests when they work for you.

Phuulz Me Twice... made me think how immersive and elegant SOTA side quests can be. I wasn't looking for quests, i was just passing through the area and saw a little guy by his tent and thought, hello, you look interesting, so I went over for a chat. The dialogue was great, the quest, short and fun as befitting a side quest and I really enjoyed it.

I've done several side quests in the last couple of weeks and they have all been genuinely interesting and great fun and offered something by way of cerebral challenge or moral choices. The one in Mud with Viggo and Stian was particularly interesting. The mini quest chain in Crooked Shank is potentially awesome and was fun, but I managed to break it by being allowed to undertake certain steps in the wrong order. If and when this one is fixed I heartily recommend going to 'the Shank' and chatting with the locals :)

I'd love to see a list of who wrote all of the side quests and who continues to create them.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm pretty sure "Phuulz Me Twice" was created by Puuk (because it wasn't me and Lum focused almost exclusively on main storyline quests). The quest with Viggo and Stian was my creation. I'm glad you liked it! Crooked Shank was kind-of a group effort, but mostly me (and if you still have a bug with it but haven't reported it yet, please report it with whatever details you can provide).

mute209, Jaesun and Sirius Sternwarte like this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.