1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Physical Goods Shipping Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm11744

jm11744 Avatar

I don't read these forums. I check the Kickstarter for updates. Had I not seen this linked somewhere, I never would have seen it.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Listen to this man.
    He is correct.
    I can not do a kickstarter and then stop updating the kickstarter page.
    That's not how it works.
    I recently got my final Stonehearth KS update like.....5 years too late. But they finished production AND i got regular (albeit rare) updates.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

I really don't know why. There's is not alot of reasons why this place should not be your first stop for info about the game.... but instead you want to only get it from Kickstarter comments ? I just don't understand that at all. To each his own tho. I'm not interested in getting into another forum war about it.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

It seems the Kickstarter updates stopped recently with the staff changes so it's probably just an oversight. @DarkStarr

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

The game started with Kickstarter and Portalarium should post important updates that directly concern the KS on that site.
    Nobody is asking for having a second board there, but posting status updates (like they did in the past) is the minimum I would expect from a company that is based on crowd funding.

Duke Olahorand, Vyrin, Rendub and 6 others like this.
  6. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Lol

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Or at the least shutdown the Kickstarter page or direct people here for updates. Only seems logical so you don’t have to keep updating two places.

Blackghost and Brugas like this.
  8. Meniketti

Meniketti Avatar

Information like this should be emailed to the backers, not posted only in the forum.

Here's the dates I'd heard for shipping:

October 2014
    At release
    By the end of Q2
    By the end of the month (July 2018)

Today is the last day of the month (I guess technically since it's past midnight EST, it's another missed target). The most recent blurb about physical rewards (on July 25th, almost a week ago) is that final preparations for shipping are taking place and shipping would commence shortly. That's intentionally vague. If final preparations are really underway, wouldn't it be assumed that a shipping date could be provided? I've worked many, many projects in my life. We had target dates. Not all of them could be met. So what we did was adjust and communicate new dates as soon as possible, usually months in advance.

I don't have a high degree of confidence shipping will start in August, possibly even September. I know 2 months sounds petty at this point, considering we're 4 years past the original estimated delivery, but I don't see an end in sight to these "updates".

And to think I was nervous that the items would arrive while I was on vacation in June.

9. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, just wanted to chime in and say that the kickstarter page does have the info on Physical goods. Last update was R54 may 31st but the info on physical goods was posted in updates on February 9th as seen here.
    [​IMG]

Also keep in mind that Port has said all along on the kickstarter page that you should link you Kickstarted account with the Shroud of the avatar website because it would be the primary place for information. AS @Elwyn said the password thing has tripped up many of us. It automatically puts something in the first password field when you go to your account page and profile but leaves the second one blank. I finally figured out that I have to delete anything in the password field before updating and it worked fine.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  10. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

Any work on shipping confirmations yet? Any word on the status and details for the signed novels?

11. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

I'm a PayPal backer from Germany. That means no Kickstarter account.

Do you have my shipping address? Or not? How do you verify this, and how do I verify that you do? When, if it hasn't been done already, are these goodies going to be shipped to me, in Germany? How to deal with customs?

12. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Go to your account details on the SotA page. You should find your address there and also have an option to update it.
    In doubt, send them an email.

Serafina likes this.
  13. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

14. Jamet

Jamet Avatar

Ah, with the information Jens gave me, I managed to check, and my address is still correct and also verified. So that means, I suppose, that the box would be sent to me whenever it's ready. Whenever that'll be. The important question I have is: will I somehow get notified of this? Will I get an email that alerts me to be ready?

15. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Hello @DarkStarr
    sorry to inquire again, but it would be appreciated if you could post an update if/when the goods will be shipped. You're last update is almost two weeks old. I had hoped for more info during last Friday's stream, but there was none (until I missed it).

Thanks in advance

Paladin Michael likes this.
  16. sake888

sake888 Avatar

At least something more specific:

Doesn't the shipper issue dates?

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Is it okay if we just wait and assume that, it will be at least until the end of August and possibly into September before things ship ? That was the original update and much of this is not in Port's control. Shipping always takes forever.

gtesser, Hazard and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  18. jm11744

jm11744 Avatar

There's nothing here I'm interested in reading. The only people who would be interested in knowing the status of the physical goods are those who backed it. The most appropriate place to communicate with those people is on the platform we backed it on.

There are no reasons why this couldn't have been at least copy / pasted into a Kickstarter update.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Physical goods were available way beyond Kickstarter through the pledge system on this site.

20. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I got my package today! Everything is beautiful!!! Thanks so much Port!!!

No wait, sorry, false alarm. That was just a dream. :eek:

Paladin Michael, Barugon and thradia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.