Physical Goods???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gamehorder, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamehorder

Gamehorder Avatar

Any ETA on physical goods?

discipleofweb likes this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

fonsvitae and Sir Frank like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Hmmm, I am confused. During the Spring Telethon, Richard Garriott said there basically won't be a launch of the game. The story schould be ready be summer and the features for Episode 1 by autumn/winter. It will be a fluid Transition to the development of Episode 2. So when is the "launch" going to take place? When the feautres for Episode 1 are "complete" and development for Episode 2 starts?

Ice Queen and Koldar like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No that's not what he said. He said the virtues quests will be completed by July and the game will be be ready to launch when we say it is.

Leinad Laurelwreath likes this.
  5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Wow, that doesn't sound good at all. No firm delivery date anymore? I need to hear that for myself. That is a really bad thing to state publicly. Having that conversation internally is fine, but saying that to your customer is not something one normally wants to do.

Given that statement, it would be interesting to know when they are planning to deliver goods. With no firm launch date...well, that speaks for itself.

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

They said that physical will be launched when they go to market when the game is ready. The best example stated as to why we dont have physicals yet... This game is still under development and they are still making changes to the map (just yesterday in fact), they dont want to print you out a map that has been altered during development.

Lord British made it clear he wants launch in July but Starr would probably prefer later in fall. He repeated that July thing several times all telethon long such as saying that if the game was done in July, they could start the work on episode 2.

So you can expect them at this point between July and December of this year.

7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

The delivery date of physical goods is predicated on the completion and commercial launch of Ep1, as told by Starr. It was explained during the telethon that Portalarium intends to capitalize on the physical goods shipment as game hype to help advertise commercial launch. If commercial launch is only months away, that means they should probably already have all the physical items in production or getting ready for packaging or something - I shudder to think that commercial launch might be held up because the physical goodies haven't been manufactured yet. haha

80% complete
    all major systems in place
    quest lines complete in July
    physical goods ship during commercial launch

Maybe they have some pictures of the items they could share with us - I'd be ok with just some pics, tbh.

Leinad Laurelwreath likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And really it is nothing tragic. The next months will tell a lot, but truly there is a lot to do before this game launches. If it launches before it is ready now that would hurt the game big time. I loved Vanguard Saga of Heroes really, there were such big plans for it and it got released way too early because of pressure and was full of bugs and problems.

As much as some want their physical goods we have to be ready to launch for the good of this game. I am really more of the side of the end of the year or even Jan-Mar 2018.

We can still play and perhaps some physical stuff will get ready in the meantime to send to those who must just have them. ;).

Many of us have put our heart and souls into the development of this game since 2013 and I for one do not intend for it to fail due to pressure from the few who want release because of physical goods. I want it to be 'the' game and a great game as well which I still believe is possible with time and patience. :)

Nomad2 likes this.
  9. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah hopefully before the year is out.

[​IMG]

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't recall them ever giving a firm date. The only thing I have ever heard them say is when they hope to have it done. Also, I'm more concerned with quality than when.

majoria70 likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

In an interview with Wolftam and I predicted August, 13, 2017. So maybe the dev team heard that interview and is making it so! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.