Physical items and shipping names... what is the plan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Archibald Leatherneck, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

Perhaps, this has already been answered? If so, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I did a half-hearted search and probably did not have a quality search string.

So, we have updated our shipping addresses (the timing could not have been better as we are moving) and the name that will appear on the shipped package seems clear enough. What about any names that may or may not appear on the physical items themselves? What fields will be queried?

1. If a name appears on a physical good such as a signed lot deed, what name will appear? Character name, profile name, display name, or shipping name?

2. What physical items will have a name on them?

Thank you for any assistance that can be offered.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

None.
    For instance the deed is "to the holder of this deed".

It is a cost thing really. Individualized costs much more.

So the signing is simply by Richard, not to a specific someone.

The only name that matters are the ones you submit for the digital rewards, like domesday.

Like this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  3. Archibald Leatherneck

Archibald Leatherneck Avatar

None of this is directed at you, Spoon, You are offering understanding and I appreciated your contribution.

I didn't have any expectations of individualization. I don't envy Richard's signature task. On that front, I would prefer to have the option to opt out of physical signatures in a few cases.

I assumed that was a possibility. I have mixed emotions about whether some of the items could or should have been personalized. Inflation over three and a half years since estimated delivery also has a cost associated. One could argue that it is good stewardship and people in similar situations could argue it is less than best practice. *shrugs* In truth, it makes my life simpler and affords me an opportunity years down the road.

Whodathunkit? I had no idea. Thank you. I guess I know what I will be doing in the near future. Thank you for directing my attention to this.

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.