Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pick Pocketing - is this a PVP skill or not?

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Brielle McFerson, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brielle McFerson

Brielle McFerson Avatar

1. Title: Pick Pocketing - is this a PVP skill or not?
    2. Reproduction Rate: Whenever pick pocket steals from you.
    3. Blocker? NO
    4. Details: I was not in PVP. In Brittany at the crafting station. A player stole 8 items from me. When I asked what he was doing he said pick pocketing. He admitted he stole items from me. When I asked if I could have them back (91 silver ingots - 8 hours of work) he told me about using the . key to get them from the Oracle. It was my understanding that both parties had to be PVP. I was not.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: have items in your bag. have someone with pick pocket skill try to pick pocket.
    6. My question is this a true bug? if it is not, we need a way for those of us who can only use the public crafting areas to protect ourselves.

2. free_TSM

free_TSM Avatar

Logged for River as well as myself
    1. Title: Pick Pocketing
    2. Reproduction Rate: Whenever pick pocket steals from you.River had only teleport/recall scrolls as we we transferring stuff therefore that is what went and left her stranded.
    3. Blocker? NO and there needs to be - pick-pocketing from other PVP fine but not from general public.
    4. Details: Neither River nor |I were in PVP. Information from other pick-pocketing player was says go to oracle to reclaim stuff - but public oracle does not work. We did not know about reclaiming .. says ransom is 2k .. neither of us have 2k. It is not well explained that it does not cost . If your only item in inventory happens to be your recall scrolls it takes them all rather than just 1. Surely some items should be more difficult that others. This pickpocket left a player stranded.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: as OP
    6. This is a really good way to drive people out of multi-player. It appeals to some players and alienates others and should be better balanced. Personally I truly hate this with a passion but recognize that others can have fun with it.

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This is going to become a serious problem. I am going to stay friends only for now, and maybe flag for pvp so I can use immolation to light them on fire if they try. I will slaughter the thief.

4. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Somebody tried to steal from me 3 times, in Owl's Head. I was not PvP. I never PvP. But if this (expletive deleted) individual tries that again, I'll make an exception to that rule. Seriously, is this a bug or is this kind of garbage allowed now? I'd really like to know.

5. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

Was robbed of 30 + repair kits this evening by a player named Juko in Brittany while NOT marked PVP.

I literally have NO way to defend myself against this. C'mon guys - fix this!

6. Lady

Lady Avatar

This pick pocketing bug is getting way out of hand they know of the bug and are exploiting it camping out at the public vendor in Owl's head now making it very risky for crafters trying to sell their items without losing at least one item to a pick pocket. There were 2 camped out just now preying on the non pvp people trying to sell their wares please fix this bug.

7. Dariog

Dariog Avatar

Staying out of multiplayer is the only solution until they fix this.

8. RoStudios

RoStudios Avatar

They need to deactivate this skill before people get turned off on the game, and stop playing.
    I expect more from players of this game. Maybe OK in other MMORPG'S, but surely not in SOTA,

9. KPHuddleston

KPHuddleston Avatar

This is total BS. Two players [Juko was one] are marked PVP, I am not, and they keep using this skill and stealing things like regs in stacks of 100, scrolls, etc. I can't go to the bank without seeing them use stealth behind me, or chase me around. I have lost hundreds today alone. This has got to be a bug.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    amethyst25 and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

This sounds like fun, and I can't wait to join! :) I'll be logging on to multiplayer , and let's see who doesn't know about this bug yet... :D Fix it devs, many of us are out pickpocketing innocent Avatars.... it will be more fun than Open PvP hehe :)

11. Vox Aquila

Vox Aquila Avatar

I was not flagged PvP and was pickpocketed in Owls Head. Please fix.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  12. Lady Patrina

Lady Patrina Avatar

I also was not flagged PvP and was pickpocked in Owl's Head. Price of the oracle showed "unknown" as the name.

I won't do public towns in multiplayer until this is fixed.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok this is not just simply stealing from a player I am trying and I have only succeded in a dual so something else is going on and I would hope it is being recorded and the players marked as they are clearly abusing an exploit.

And it is time to start just outright banning these people since they clearly have not reported it as I don't see any reports, but it is being done.

Now is the time to act and show that the team is strong and willing ot take proper action.

14. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I agree. Ban the people intentionally exploiting the bug. Send a clear message to people prior to final wipe that griefing won't be tolerated.

amethyst25 likes this.
  15. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

I'm thinking this is grieving. So what you gonna do Devs?

I'm done until this is fixed.

Acred likes this.
  16. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

Perm ban in pre-final-wipe? Nah. The items we have right now are temporary... they will be wiped. Right now you (we) are being trolled... that's all.

Post wipe, though? Exploiters should get a hearty ban... maybe not perm... first violation 1 week... 2nd 3 weeks... etc etc until a final ban is handed down if the exploiter keeps exploiting... but for now I've decided that I'm just going to play in single player online until the issue is fixed. That resolves the entire problem right now... it's just that the world is very... lonely.

17. Acred

Acred Avatar

I've voted with my feet and my avatars are now only playing in Single-Player-Online mode. Generally I am MPO.

This needs attention, even though it has some use in flushing out those who are willing to use exploits and not report them as bugs.

Dariog likes this.
  18. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Eveyone is playing offline and singleplayer because of this bug...

This is not the time for this type of thing to be happening.

Dariog likes this.
  19. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Does no one else find it odd that in all the forum posts about this issue not ONE developer has commented or even acknowledged the problem? I dunno about you all but it all seems rather fishy to me...;)

Dariog and Vesper Merchant like this.
  20. Lady Patrina

Lady Patrina Avatar

Well, we do know how much Lord British like to pick pocket... *wink*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.