Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Picking up items from ground causes numerous interface issues

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by fooBrew, Nov 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

11/01/2019 18:25
    Title: Picking up items from ground and dropping on character causes numerous interface issues.

Reproduction Rate: 100% of the time I try to pick up an item from the ground in any location and drop it on my character.

Blocker? No

Note that the description below still stands but I've confirmed this issue has nothing to do with the quest. It's happening everywhere for all items I pick up. The issue is not triggered by normal looting, however.

Details: I have 9/10 of the sunless cloth required for the quest. If I try to pick up another cloth, a number of things happen:
    1. The cloth never appears in my inventory but it disappears from the game. I also do not see a "You picked up Sunless Cloth" message in the chat box.
    2. After attempting to pick it up, any skill which requires reagents is now greyed out.
    3. I cannot move anything in my inventory. For example, moving an item to a bag which is also in my inventory doesn't work. The item never moves when I try to drag it with the mouse.
    4. Holding the right mouse button and then simultaneously pressing the left mouse button to run no longer works.
    5. I cannot click and drag any items on the ground (or on shelves, etc.)

I've tried logging all the way out and back in including re-loading the client with the same effect so it's 100% reproducible for me. All spells, movement, dragging items, etc. work as expected until I attempt to pick up the cloth from a vase.

User Specs:
    OS: Linux 5.0 Ubuntu 18.04 64bit (note that this behavior is the same under the Windows client running in Steam's Proton).
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 32162
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU RAM: 8176
    SotA.Linux.64.1067.Date.10.31.19
    Area: Novia_R6_Volcanic01_01
    Area Display Name: Sunless Barrens
    Loc: (-48.6, 43.7, -12.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfVm9sY2FuaWMwMV8wMXx8KC00OC41NjUsIDQzLjcwNSwgLTEyLjY2Mil8KDAsIDAuNjQ1LCAwLCAwLjc2NSl8ODUuNDI1ODN8MzYuMTUwMDN8Ny4zNTE3ODk=

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

I don't think so. It's very specific as far as the types of skills which are disabled - only those which require reagents. Other skills and hotbar items still work fine. Also, it only happens after I touch the cloth and try to drag it to my inventory. It's very strange.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

I've confirmed that this is not related to the Sunless Cloth, the quest or the area. It's happening everywhere but is only triggered if I pick something up (e.g. from the ground) and drop it on my character. Regular looting is not causing the problem, however. As an example, I'm in Serpent's Spine Mines right now and just picked up a bedroll off the ground and dropped it on my character. The bedroll disappeared and did not show up in my inventory.

I'm updating the original post with these findings.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@fooBrew, just to test whether it's the taking of things or the WAY you're taking things, trying picking things up with alt-clicking them, rather than dragging onto your char?

Jaesun likes this.
  6. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

I've tried a few more tests and have been able to isolated the issue further.

• Dragging and dropping an item into my inventory window works without issue.
    • Hovering the mouse over the item and hitting 'E' works successfully.
    • Holding 'Alt' and clicking on the item works successfully.
    So, this really seems to be isolated to dragging the item and dropping it on my character.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that when I click and hold on the item, all of my skills which require reagents immediately are greyed out including potions too. However, all other skills are normal and not greyed out. If I successfully drop the item in my inventory window then the skills are no longer greyed out. It's only when I drop the item on my character that they stay greyed out.

Can anyone else reproduce this same behavior?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes I also have replicated this. Also posted a report in the critical issues forum.

Also spoke to Chris in Discord, and he is aware of this.

fooBrew likes this.
  8. fooBrew

fooBrew Avatar

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.