Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Picking up the Love quest line after starting in Highvale or Blood River

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Sheamus McGuinness, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

If you chose to go to either Highvale or Blood River, when you go to Solace Bridge are you supposed to be able to enter the same scene as if you were starting out at Solace Bridge? Right now you go in and Charlotte Grey is already dead so you can't save her and complete that quest.

Think it would add a lot if the first time you enter this scene it takes you to the "starter" Solace Bridge with everything on fire and pick it up like that.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're not going to do this. There will be similar quests in the other two starter instances.

In general you will not be able to do 100% of all quest content in the game; some content will block others.

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

But we do not know the other quests, so maybe those are best saved for ALT characters. I am guessing I will start with LOVE and just keep the ranged skills and grab my melee weapon later. When extra characters are available I hope the new paths will be polished so that I can enjoy them from the start.

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

So I am now confused. When the game is released, I expect all three quests to be available. However we will have been playing since final wipe with advanced players. At the time of launch, will we be able to go back and start whichever virtue quest we want with the advanced characters, essentially starting over? If I go ahead and play the love line until episode 1 launches, will I be able to go back and start the courage line with my advanced character or will I have to start the game all over with a noob character?

5. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

All three quest lines will be available (you can talk to Edvard in Solace Bridge to start the Path of Love line if you start elsewhere) and you will in fact need to complete all three to begin the final sequence of the storyline. Specific tutorial-only quests will not be available to you.

Aldo likes this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I guess then that we really don't need to do the quest lines with Alts. Sounds like the plan is for everyone to complete all three quests with the same character. OK that part of my confusion is quenched. Remaining is the logical question... why we are forced to play against our personal virtue choice to complete the story line? If I am a love person and have an affinity for those type decisions, why would I be cast out of my element to play courageously? I don't have any problem with in fact playing all three, but wonder what the logic is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.