Pickpocket Nerf

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Kinkara, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The problem with this is identifying what is crap and what is good. I have an artifact ring that is valued at 10 gold. It's probably the best thing I have in my inventory. That's also easy to manipulate by finding stuff you don't really care about that is valued disproportionately to the things you DO care about.

Love the concept, but I think we're a long ways off from making that work, unfortunately.

Numa likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Good ideas here...

I like the alternative "stock value" items. The problem would be not allowing players to steal from their friends just to make free money. It's the same problem we'd have with most bounty systems.

The snoop and allow thieves to pick from a list is something that makes a lot of sense, especially if the more you snoop the more time it takes you to be successful (meaning the person you're trying to steal from would have more time to notice you).

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Kinkara likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

It makes sense you should lose more if you is killed in pvp compared to if you is stolen from.

One possible solution (that I believe some would not like).
    If you are AFK and is stolen from more than once the PvP flag is turned off.

Another thief related idea of mine.
    the more stolen property you is currently carrying the harder to steal (people is more alert if been lots of robberies recently)
    You would need to 'fence' your stolen goods in some way.

4. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

yes unfortuntly I'm sure, the execution time is now displayed on the tooltip at 6 secs, previously it was 3-4 sec for GM

5. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

To get pick pockets CD back down to a reasonable use time you will need lvl 220 for a 10 sec CD :( how much exp is that?

6. Curt

Curt Avatar

200 is 33,418,499,812 according to one that posted xp costs of several skills

7. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

does she exit the room when you do that?

8. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't already leveled this skill. It was super slow to level to begin with, now imagine how long it will take to hit GM.

9. Drocis the Devious

Is that a bad thing? It's hard to feel sorry for anyone trying to level this skill. It's just pressing a button over and over again against a gust ball or a practice dummy.

I have skills that are GM'd that took WAAAAAAAY longer to level than that. (and they costs me a ton of reagents)

Net likes this.
  10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Until recently - or maybe even still if it hasn't been fixed - practicing on a gustball using this skill would be a strike against your virtue... so, probably you're the only person with this skill at a GM level in the entire game... and it will probably be that way forever.

You should get a special in game title.

11. Drocis the Devious

I highly doubt there is only one person that has GM'd pick pocketing. Not everyone runs around advertising "I'm a thief!"

12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'm pretty sure it's just one... if there were more, more people would have cried in the forums. People love to run around advertising "I've been robbed!"

13. Drocis the Devious

I'm sure we have a nice amount of people at 99.9. I also think you'd be very surprised at who those people are.

Pickpocketing wasn't difficult to level, it's still not relatively speaking, so long as you can use a practice dummy or a gust ball to do it. Even if you're just using a friend, that's nothing but pressing a button over and over.

The actual "skill" of being a thief is taking stuff without people knowing it. The fact that someone has a GM and is a known thief is really (imo) a measurement of a lack of skill.

14. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

You should get a special in game title too ... maybe something like "Master of hiding in a locked tower too afraid to PVP so he never got robbed and doesn't know how it works"

15. Drocis the Devious

Perhaps you should consider what you say more carefully, it may not carry as much weight as you think it does in the near future.

People used to say that I never played the game so I couldn't know what I was talking about. I've played nearly 1800 hours since persistence and I have 27 GM'd skills/spells. Now they make up other reasons, but they don't say that anymore.

I play how I want to, and I'll let my pvp experience speak for itself over time. You'll never see me telling you that you don't play the right way as a reason you're wrong about something in a forum discussion. I'll attack your arguments, not you personally. Inside the game that may be slightly different. :cool:

16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I don't have any GM skills... when I take your skull, remember that :)

EDDYCORP and Audacity like this.
  17. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

@Devs, It will take me 2 weeks to accumulate all the EXP to get to 200 pick pocket. My question is, since ill be stealing fast, will you nerf it even more?

clearly he has valid points seeming you can justify your never pvping, due to paragraphs of boring ranting.

18. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

where does this guy live? i can get in any house, please show me.

Duke Avery likes this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

If you get into my house, we're going to have a problem if you haven't reported the bugs that allowed you to do that.

Womby, Net and Caree Death like this.
  20. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

I measure my success with the ransoms paid, and the items to expensive to buy back, which I know I pulled more then you sir. The fact that they know I'm a thief and still have issues losing there items to me is better then them not knowing and not taking as much. In the end, the numbers don't lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.